First LC Build: '97 40th Anniversary Mall Crawler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20200728_131818.jpg

IMG_20200728_131831.jpg

All the off the shelf and custom cargo net options either didn't fit or were very pricey. Trying out $30 worth of cam straps for now. Downside on the canvas is stuff tends to slide.

Man that box came out great!! Looks awesome! Wish i had some wood working skills

Man that box came out great!! Looks awesome! Wish i had some wood working skills

Thanks! This was my first real woodworking project, if you can measure and use a straight edge I'd encourage you to take a stab at it! Did have to buy a router + jigsaw for this, but I'm looking forward to building some of that cost into other projects.

Nice work on your 80! I have own a 40th Anniversary and I have been doing a couple mods. I like the drawer system you built and it turned out great.

Nice work on your 80! I have own a 40th Anniversary and I have been doing a couple mods. I like the drawer system you built and it turned out great.
:popcorn::clap:

Good stuff here.

Thanks y'all. Looking forward to a lift and a few quality of life improvements in the future. If anyone has any sneaky ideas on adding bluetooth to the factory head unit, let me know!

Got bluetooth into the factory head unit today via this guy:

Left all the hands free stuff out, and cleaned up the included harness. Pulled switched 12v off the cig lighter by de-pinning and adding some leads. Tucked the other wiring where the factory upper cupholder used to live and used a 3D printed blockoff plate for that slot above the radio.

Wanted a factory appearing solution, would recommend! Once you connect there's a dedicated radio station that has the same audio quality as a 3.5 aux jack. It does squelch the other FM channels until you disconnect though. Nothing funky in the cabin, maybe an hour to install.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom