First I got her top off, then I drilled her good (pics)... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It was like high school all over again to get her top off....uhh....I mean it wasn't easy. I had to grind off almost all of the amb. door screw heads and break half a dozen bolt heads but I finally got it off. I then drilled and screwed on the mounts for the bikini top, drilled out and remounted the spare, drilled and bolted on the tow bar brackets, and installed the Tuffy console all in one day. I was a tired mofo in the heat of Houston.

But it was worth it. Check it out...

849705_32_full.jpg

849705_30_full.jpg

849705_31_full.jpg

849705_33_full.jpg

what wheels are you running, 8s or 10s, and whats the backspacing? looks kool man

Those are some great looking seats! What are they? Hard to mount up? Cheers!

looks good, that is a good days work. I am riggin up a hoist for my top now in the garage.

Should be a little easier than lifting that mug up and off all the time.

Rezarf <><

REZARF said:
looks good, that is a good days work. I am riggin up a hoist for my top now in the garage.

Should be a little easier than lifting that mug up and off all the time.

Rezarf <><

You gotta show how you do that when you're done. Mine's been sitting on the side of the house for 9 days. Gotta get it put away and hangin from garage ceiling seems nice.

I estimate that the rig has between 6"-7" of lift on the rear and about 5"-6" up front. It rides like complete hell but hey, I wasn't looking for a Caddy! It needs some shocks pretty bad so I throw a couple of cinder blocks in the back and it is doable.

The wheels are Rock Crawler 15x10's with 35x12.5 BFG MT's. I don't know the backspacing exactly but I think it is about 3-1/4" or 3-1/2". The tires sit almost flush with the edge of the fenders. The rears don't tuck too well as I have not had a chance to cut out the well behine the flairs, hence they are a bit torn up, lol. Gotta borrow a saw.

The seats? Well I don't really know but I have had them out and they are a snap. They are quite comfortable too. There dosen't seem to be a name brand on them and I did not install them originally.

Those seats look like ones that were available from SOR at one time....I think that is where the guy that I am building this truck for picked them up at...

DSCN0363-640.jpg

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom