first gen 4runner - offroad lights mounted to stock front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody -how are you guys mounting offroad lights on stock front bumper of first generation 4runner?
I am looking to get Hella 4000 HID....

thank you in advance.....

ARB makes a nice mounting bracket. ;)

Seriously, I've never figured the stock bumper had enough depth for lights on it.

Very few lights fit, they are all too deep. One set that does is the common Hella 500's, I've done a set of those using the stock bolts that you see on top, the chrome carriage bolts. No drilling required.

But, my experience with those lights is they don't last very long. Cheap housing, water gets inside and corrodes the reflective stuff off the back of the lens.

i had this made for ~$200.
janna at the barn and my horse 011.jpg

intercooler.
2.8 litre 3l engine with the turbo setup off a 2lte. after the big-assed radiator, there wasn't much room in the front anymore. can't build out, gotta build up.

:hillbilly:
janna at the barn and my horse 035.jpg
DSCN0318[1].jpg

How about a set of square fogs in those two square holes surrounding the lic. plate?

CIBIE 35 Series (Airport) will fit and are shallow. Available bulbs are 55, 75 & 100 watts H2 units.

anymore cool setups..bump

Errr.... Not sure if it's cool, but it's burly-

1007369q.jpg

I like the look of the factory bumper but wasn't pleased with the fact that the bumper is mounted so high above the frame. So, I replaced the valance. 2x3x1/4" rectangular tubing with a big strip removed out of the backside to save weight. Angled the corners out a bit to protect the bumper and made a grill guard to protect the front. It's bolted to the frame using the front crossmember and the factory bumper bolts on the body mounts.

It's subtle, but very strong and at the frame height. It might get some rotating clevis mounts later this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom