First Gen 4runner Long Travel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can somebody link me to a Long Travel Build thread for a First Gen 4runner/Surf IFS/Leaf.
Keen to see what's involved as it's something I want to do. Curious about the rear end setup and just how much further out the wheels will sit both front and rear.
Yes I have searched the threads and used the search function. Thanks for any help.
4runner low res  copy.jpg

Typical long travel kits widen the track by ~3" per side in front. This puts the front at roughly the width of the T-100's. Since you're already an IFS rear housing the only way to go wider would be a custom housing.

As I recall the Total Chaos kit eliminates the front drive. It did not used to be this way, but the kit that allowed it is no longer made. Their first gen IFS suspension is what put them on the map, but time marches on and they've had to keep up or die.

Last edited:
Thanks mate.
I believe swapping out the rear end to a ln167 will get me 3" wider maybe using 1.5"wheel spacers to make up the rest.
Planning on going with Blazeland kit as they get made here in Australia under license.

Rear fender to tire clearance will be a big issue if any wider than the IFS axle housing.

I would never, ever suggest that kind of wheel spacer, they're death on wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom