First FZJ80 97 CE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK finally threw the switch. Have lurked around here long enough and here I go. In the past I have built a few Jeeps for off road pursuits that have all ended up being border line trailer queens. Was looking for a new build with more of an overland flare. Everything in my driveway and garage is Toyota (Tundra, Tacoma, RAV) so why not make it clean sweep. As luck would have it as I started searching I had my local dealer looking for a trade in LC for me as I wasn't set on what the build was going to be. Then driving along a back road I came across a small car lot that a gentleman runs out of his garage. In his lot was a 97 80 series Collectors Edition stopped and took a look at it, drove it came home ran a Carfax on it. It had a lot of maintenance and one owner for the last twenty years. Bottom line it's come home with me and so we begin. So thanks in advance for the help, advice and having done/recorded your projects.
A3D53E79-5DE2-4837-8780-2B85C6B2BF5A_1_105_c.jpeg
2EFB48AE-D0F5-4CAE-AB72-9074161E109E_1_105_c.jpeg

Welcome to the addiction! Best land cruiser color ever! Congratulations!

Great score! I have the same rig and love the look of the CE package with the Desert Dune Pearl paint.

OK finally threw the switch. Have lurked around here long enough and here I go. In the past I have built a few Jeeps for off road pursuits that have all ended up being border line trailer queens. Was looking for a new build with more of an overland flare. Everything in my driveway and garage is Toyota (Tundra, Tacoma, RAV) so why not make it clean sweep. As luck would have it as I started searching I had my local dealer looking for a trade in LC for me as I wasn't set on what the build was going to be. Then driving along a back road I came across a small car lot that a gentleman runs out of his garage. In his lot was a 97 80 series Collectors Edition stopped and took a look at it, drove it came home ran a Carfax on it. It had a lot of maintenance and one owner for the last twenty years. Bottom line it's come home with me and so we begin. So thanks in advance for the help, advice and having done/recorded your projects.View attachment 2269689View attachment 2269690
UPDATE: The original plan was to get this back into the shop and getting started. World events let me keep driving on the expired temporary plate so have been doing a little baselining on the fly. Flushed and replaced all the fluids, changed power steering hoses and going to have to do an EGR. I guess that the center lock has an issue as well can't seem to get it to engage so just get blinking Front and Rear locker. All in probably time to quit fooling around and get torn into it.

NIce cruiser, glad to see another Maine 80 series. If you see a green one waving at you it might be me
John

Super nice find !! Welcome to MUD !!

Welcome! I got the same rig nice pick up! How much did you buy it for? What size where the lines on the power steering pump oem? Or just lengths you cut to size?

B14AEA64-327C-4B9A-83F2-0FDF35807124.jpeg

Welcome! I got the same rig nice pick up! How much did you buy it for? What size where the lines on the power steering pump oem? Or just lengths you cut to size?

View attachment 2359854
Thanks nice rig to you as well. Paid 5K for it one owner 220 on the clock Toyota maintained. It seems pretty solid, time will tell. A friend hooked me with the power steering lines I think they were Toyota stock.

T
Thanks nice rig to you as well. Paid 5K for it one owner 220 on the clock Toyota maintained. It seems pretty solid, time will tell. A friend hooked me with the power steering lines I think they were Toyota stock.
thats a solid pick up price if it is not all rusty? And Toyota maintenance is a plus. Good luck I’m balls deep in base lining mine it is one of the easiest vehicles to work on IMHO.

T

thats a solid pick up price if it is not all rusty? And Toyota maintenance is a plus. Good luck I’m balls deep in base lining mine it is one of the easiest vehicles to work on IMHO.
The running boards have done their rust damage but it doesn’t have any of the other common rust areas we’ll see as we dig in. You know the old, “look a little rust hole in the floor” and you hit it with grinder next thing you know seats are out and you’re replacing the whole floor pan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom