First few days in the LC, couple Qs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working toward the 600 mile break-in period and I've found a couple things pop up that seem off compared to my T4R.

1. Phone call list. I can bring up the list of recent calls just fine, but I cannot seem to scroll through it except by pressing on the touch screen directly. I'd expected the up/down controls on the steering wheel to allow scrolling like the 4R. Did I miss a setting/mode?

2. USB MP3. Carried over the same usb stick and mp3 files from the 4R. The Audio system see's the USB, and artists, albums, folders, etc. When I attempt to play one, it doesn't show the mp3 file info, and just jumps to the next file over and over till it reaches the last file in the folder. Feels like a codec issue?

Maybe I'm behind on a software update? Tried the update button but didn't show anything available.
Model ID: 13THENNA-AA01
Nav: V1AA8940

3. When I take it in for its first service, are there any factory/TIS features you recommend I have the dealership enable/disable/toggle?

Thanks!

follow up question, maybe its more interested than the previous ones :)

4. A-Track. Reading through the manual, it seems that there is no specific A-Trac button like in the T4R. It does mention that you can disable Trac/VTC though.

Does that mean:
A. ATrac is on by default and can be disabled
B. ATrac == MTS anyway, so just use MTS
C. Some feature I dint notice to directly enable ATrac like T4R

thanks!

4. A-Track. Reading through the manual, it seems that there is no specific A-Trac button like in the T4R. It does mention that you can disable Trac/VTC though.

Does that mean:

thanks!
The LC200 does not have a button to turn on ATRAC like the T4R, it's just always ready. Keep in mind if you have a 13' on you can tweak the ATRAC sensitivity via the "Terrain Select" mode in 4LOW

Does that mean:

thanks!
yep MTS = ATRAC
Welcome to the LC world!!!

Thanks for the info!

I used MTS often in T4R, but sometimes I would just punch the Atrac button for a specific obstacle.

I also noticed that even the sand/mud/snow MTS mode is only in 4L as well, not in 4HI or 4Hi Locked Diff?

Correct. Crawl and MTS in 4 low only.

I hate that ATRAC is in 4Lo only but at least this way there's one less button to clutter up the center console area haha.

Does that mean:

thanks!

Active TRAC (a.k.a ATRAC) is on by default and can be disabled - at least that's the case on my 2013 LC200. I would refer you to the Owner's Manual:

LC200ATRAC_21FEB19_zps4kilgzc0.jpg

HTH

I hate that ATRAC is in 4Lo only but at least this way there's one less button to clutter up the center console area haha.

It's not in 4Lo only. Please see above OM page stating specifically that it is in H4.

P.HTH

thanks for the feedback!

Still need to dig in to whats up with phone scroll, if I find a solution I'll provide it!

I think some were maybe thinking crawl control...
4L only on that.

2. USB MP3. Carried over the same usb stick and mp3 files from the 4R. The Audio system see's the USB, and artists, albums, folders, etc. When I attempt to play one, it doesn't show the mp3 file info, and just jumps to the next file over and over till it reaches the last file in the folder. Feels like a codec issue?

Maybe I'm behind on a software update? Tried the update button but didn't show anything available.
Model ID: 13THENNA-AA01
Nav: V1AA8940

Update on #2 question I posted in original thread: I've found the issue is the mp3 files themselves. Looks like the bitrate of the files is possibly too low (16kbs). I added a few other files at more standard rates (192kbs) and they play fine. Why the 5yr old T4R with entune can play them and a 2019 LC200 with entune cannot seems wrong. I may try re-encoding them :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom