First Cruiser - 06' in it for the long haul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swaybar and new links are in, overall happy with that project. Scuffed up the new paint I put on the bar, and half-assed resprayed a couple parts of it after install. Whatevs, it’s gonna get scratched to hell anyway.
83532D20-A574-4D28-9A72-AA1E99B41221.jpeg
BEA694A2-350E-47CB-A0AD-C47CB63F928F.jpeg

Did the lower control arms last weekend and the uppers this morning. The uppers seemed to go in easier than the lowers for some reason. The rear end feels very solid and planted now, no more walking back and forth feeing. Passenger side Johnny Joint on the lower arm articulated pretty far one way, not sure why but I guess that’s what they’re designed to do. Jam nuts are all tight and I’ll check everything again in a week or so. Next up is Eastwood undercarriage treatment and relocating the AC drain, got what I needed for $9 at Home Depot.
3F04AAC7-097C-4E80-BE1A-FC5C0BDF078E.jpeg
BACCD0D7-17B1-4AFC-99AB-A01295CEA7E7.jpeg
2D5EFE52-A535-4B05-9544-0AA69CFDC9E2.jpeg
98C68B85-CE0E-453B-B532-92F245B27811.jpeg

Beautiful land cruiser. The color is growing on me. Saw one listed for sale, an 07 same color as yours and showed it to the wife and she loves it.

It may be far from perfect, but it looks perfect from far! Enjoy and welcome!

Did the lower control arms last weekend and the uppers this morning. The uppers seemed to go in easier than the lowers for some reason. The rear end feels very solid and planted now, no more walking back and forth feeing. Passenger side Johnny Joint on the lower arm articulated pretty far one way, not sure why but I guess that’s what they’re designed to do. Jam nuts are all tight and I’ll check everything again in a week or so. Next up is Eastwood undercarriage treatment and relocating the AC drain, got what I needed for $9 at Home Depot.
View attachment 2681446View attachment 2681448View attachment 2681451View attachment 2681455

I plan on doing the same soon, did you run into any issues? I saw a thread describing the process and they mentioned that getting at the upper passenger bolt was a little difficult and the spring needed to be compressed slightly. I wondered if that would be an issue on an AHC vehicle since the springs are a little different.

I plan on doing the same soon, did you run into any issues? I saw a thread describing the process and they mentioned that getting at the upper passenger bolt was a little difficult and the spring needed to be compressed slightly. I wondered if that would be an issue on an AHC vehicle since the springs are a little different.
The only problem I had was that the ratchet strap I used was a bit too beefy and I had it tightened in a way that the axle was pulled too far forward so the holes didn’t line up. So I reversed it and ratcheted backwards from the hitch bar. The bolt came right out and went right back in without issues once aligned. I did all the work with AHC in high and that gave me lots of room to work and move wrenches around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom