First annual HDC meeting this Sunday, 2/8/15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Time for our first meeting of 2015 at my house in Tijeras. The weather looks good, so the mud bogging will be at a minimum, I hope! We'll vote in the new officer(s) and swap tales. This will be a potluck so bring a dish to share.

I'm looking forward to meeting our new members and hopefully gain some new ones!

Let me know if you can make it and what you're bringing. I'm thinking of cooking up a pot of chili and gluten free corn bread.

There will be a tire flipping competition so plan on getting dirty!

Time: 2pm
Place: 21 Rattlesnake Ridge, Tijeras, NM 87059
Email: alia176 at yahoo
Phone: 206-9992

Last edited:
Hey Ash,

Actually, I talked with Liz and she reminded me that we have a concert on Sunday afternoon so no go on coming to the meeting. Dang!

In the mean time, it looks like I am going to do some dune bashing this afternoon outside of Dubai (near Sharjah UAE). I have connected with a guy that goes by Desert Nomad and who is a club member in the Arabian Cruisers here in the Emirates. It looks like he as a newer 200 series.

Will let you know how it goes.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tlca-articles-on-the-uae.831203/#post-9571598

Hey Ash,

Actually, I talked with Liz and she reminded me that we have a concert on Sunday afternoon so no go on coming to the meeting. Dang!

In the mean time, it looks like I am going to do some dune bashing this afternoon outside of Dubai (near Sharjah UAE). I have connected with a guy that goes by Desert Nomad and who is a club member in the Arabian Cruisers here in the Emirates. It looks like he as a newer 200 series.

Will let you know how it goes.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tlca-articles-on-the-uae.831203/#post-9571598

I'll let Jessica know but I know she was looking forward to seeing you guys!

Ash - Thanks for hosting. Ellen and I are planning to attend.

I will be there also, maybe with a few new members....

Should be there!

franklin x2 i think, if the little one gets healthy enough.

thinking dessert.

EDIT: Franklin x0 ... now i got the crud.

Last edited:
Wade x3 maybe 4

EDIT: maybe just me... teenagers:bang:

Last edited:
I have to work... you all have fun. :D

I think I can make it.

I'm not going to make it... The girls all bailed on me last night and now I'm bailing on y'all.

In the spirit of the meeting and to maybe give Ash a break from his presidency I would consider the position as nominated by Bionic but keep in mind that I am not a Toyota aficionado. In fact, this is the first Toyota I ever owned. I could very well have ended up in a *eep at the time

Anyway I think Steve "Lurch", Jon "Pappy" or Larry "LBBLC100" would all make excellent presidents but I will be happy to do it if that is what the masses decide.

The first order of business after the presidency is decided, should be to discuss approaching Tim with Sackwear about designing and selling shirts that represent the club. He has fabulous products and could open up the club to a multitude of new members. It may cost us some upfront money for designing and a minimum order of shirts but it is something that I would vote for.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Anyway I think Steve "Lurch", Jon "Pappy" or Larry "LBBLC100" would all make excellent presidents but I will be happy to do it if that is what the masses decide.

Fixed.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Well it was adventure day and not go to HDC meeting day...Justin and I got a late start mountain biking out at Golden Open Space where he ended up falling on his handle bar bar-end and damaged himself. Luckily not too bad but by the time we got back 14 it was almost 4 so we went to Lazy Lizard for food. Then on the way back to Placitas I got stuck in snow on 165 after getting too close to the ditch (about 2' deap in the ditch). Got pulled out by a Taco then about half way down a 2wd Lexus was stuck in the ditch but had a pickup already pulling her out. The truck went past followed by the sherif asking about someone else stuck wearing a Lobos shirt. Got around the corner and the Lexus was already stuck again. So after about 40min of getting her turned around I was finally headed home.

I got to wear my new gators for the first time...while wearing my bike shorts and a t-shirt. :bounce:

Last edited:
Big T,

You're now the Big P! Congratulations sir!! :D Larry is your unofficial VP, LOL!!!

See what happens when you don't make it to the first meeting of the year!

I'm not going to make it... The girls all bailed on me last night and now I'm bailing on y'all.

In the spirit of the meeting and to maybe give Ash a break from his presidency I would consider the position as nominated by Bionic but keep in mind that I am not a Toyota aficionado. In fact, this is the first Toyota I ever owned. I could very well have ended up in a *eep at the time

The first order of business after the presidency is decided, should be to discuss approaching Tim with Sackwear about designing and selling shirts that represent the club. He has fabulous products and could open up the club to a multitude of new members. It may cost us some upfront money for designing and a minimum order of shirts but it is something that I would vote for.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Last edited:
In order to make sure that the integrity of the democratic process is intact... I demand a recount

Big T,

You're now the Big P! Congratulations sir!! :D Larry is your unofficial VP, LOL!!!

See what happens when you don't make it to the first meeting of the year!

Hey guys - not sure what is involved with the "VP" position. I don't mind helping at all - in fact would like to help. If it means that Terrill can blame the VP when things go horribly wrong - then I'm good with that also. But as you guys know, I do travel a bit and my availability for events and such can be limiting. Oh yeah, I hope this position doesn't require any special critical thinking or the sort!

Ha!

Hey guys - not sure what is involved with the "VP" position.

The job description is pretty easy, Larry. It's "other duties as assigned by the President." Which is pretty much everything he is supposed to do. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom