First 200 post! What is this plug!!??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We just bought a 2018 LX. This random plug is hanging down by the drivers dead pedal. Any idea what it’s too? Maybe aftermarket????

9588369F-89F8-40FF-8AD5-B6207953CE19.jpeg

88ADE40B-28CD-4F2C-A6AB-B3794C29BE27.jpeg

There is a built in passport radar detector but the controller is sticking out of the trim on the right side of the footwell. I was wondering if it was related but the radar detector seems to work as it’s supposed to so I don’t think it’s that.

That doesn't look OEM to me, nor do those other wires sticking out of the kick plate. It's probably worth excavating.
Agree not OEM. Looks like a FireWire comms cable for something aftermarket.

No idea, but congrats on the new ride.

There are sometimes hacked in dealer installed anti theft electronics left after a sale. Could be a connector related to that.

Could be for a variety of things. Hard to speculate. Try and track the other end and see where it goes.
If it’s sunny out tomorrow I’ll do the always fun upside down head under the dash investigation.

I already noticed the little speaker for the radar detector is down there

Upstream USB port. These are usually on USB hubs and the like. I would guess this is for an aftermarket unit (is the head unit/Nav unit aftermarket?) and allows connection to a laptop with a standard downstream cable for updating or dumping media files to the unit.

Just my guess. Strange to have that type of port, definitely not standard Toyota. You would expect a downstream port (which is standard on the 200 with the full Nav unit).

Suggest plugging a laptop in and seeing what pops up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom