firewall repair help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
my cruiser is in the process of getting a 3/4 tub installed and I am trying to figuire out where to find the passenger side lower firewall it has horizontal stamped rises in it and I just don't know where to look for this piece. I can attatch a pic tomorrow, thanks!!:cool:

pics of the problem area

:bounce:

Last edited:
my 3/4 tub bolts to the rocker panel seam which I will need to rebuild also. has anyone done this? I shouldn't have a problem welding in some new material but it's always good to see what others have done. thanks guys!!:beer:

the panel I need is the one @ a 45 degree angle, the actual floor board will be removed. anyone!!!!?????:eek:

bikinnotdykin said:
my 3/4 tub bolts to the rocker panel seam which I will need to rebuild also. has anyone done this? I shouldn't have a problem welding in some new material but it's always good to see what others have done. thanks guys!!:beer:

I did the same thing on my '76. Worked out well. Got a '78 tub with front end damage and replaced the rotted out '76 tub (A pillar back) with the '78 tub.

If the angled part of the footwell is sound, you don't need to replace it. You can clean it up, coat it in rust preventative, and paint it. If you do need to replace it, perhaps the donor tub or the rusted tub have sections that are good enough to be used for that small area of footwell. In my case, the donor tub was rust free, so I was able to straighten the parts near the firewall to use with the repaired tub.

Last edited:
bikinnotdykin said:
Check the "restorations" and "service" sections on Cruiser Solutions web site for ideas on repairing your cowl. www.cruisersolutions.com

HTH,
Nick

thanks for the link, that was the best help so far. I know some other people have done this where are they??

I had to rebuild the angled floorboards when I replaced my cowl on my 74.
The cowl I got from cruiseparts needed the drivers side repaired. My old cowl was totaled on the drivers side but I could cut out the passenger floor and spin it around to match up the ridges and weld it into the drivers floor. I cut out some of the door posts to repair the rot in the new cowl's door posts.

Kevin
floor.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom