Firewall pass thru pics/location(s) for LC100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've FAQ'd, Forum Searched, and Thread Searched... so far bupkis... (likley operator error :eek:)

Does anyone have any pics/advice for getting wiring through the firewall on a LC100 (Y2000)? I understand there is a DS location (haven't found it yet - will be checking TIS later today). Would be VERY helpful if there were a PS location. Have already installed Slee second batt platform + batt. Cruiser is model year 2000.

I'm installing the National Luna Split Charger Kit (needs to pass a molded plug ~ .5in thru firewall + wire) and could us any advice available. Want to locate charge status guage in glove box.

This install will power new fuse block in rear side panel of AO drawer system, power an inverter in same location, add 2ea 12v constant on plugs and power to Engle 43 qt fridge. Will also ultimately power a HAM rig.

Will post findings and final install...if I don't get fried first...

Many thanks

1: open the hood

2: look near hood support struts

3: there are rubber boots on each side near the fenders that you can pass thru lots and lots of wires.

the PS pass-thru is right where you would put the 2nd battery, look underneath it

I've FAQ'd, Forum Searched, and Thread Searched... so far bupkis... (likley operator error :eek:)

Does anyone have any pics/advice for getting wiring through the firewall on a LC100 (Y2000)? I understand there is a DS location (haven't found it yet - will be checking TIS later today). Would be VERY helpful if there were a PS location. Have already installed Slee second batt platform + batt. Cruiser is model year 2000.

I'm installing the National Luna Split Charger Kit (needs to pass a molded plug ~ .5in thru firewall + wire) and could us any advice available. Want to locate charge status guage in glove box.

This install will power new fuse block in rear side panel of AO drawer system, power an inverter in same location, add 2ea 12v constant on plugs and power to Engle 43 qt fridge. Will also ultimately power a HAM rig.

Will post findings and final install...if I don't get fried first...

Many thanks

I just did the exact same install on my 2000 to the T (2 sockets, pre-wire for HAM, inverter, NL kit), except I put my fuse block and power inverter behind the rear trim panel. The National Luna kit is slick. The only problem I had with the install was that none of the terminals in the kit fit one of the inline fuse holders. I had to grind out the fuse holder a bit with a dremmel. I have my monitor on my center console. As 1LoudX said, everything fits through on the PS grommet closest to the fender. If you have any questions about the install, feel free to ask.

Thanks All...

Gents, many thanks. With your kind assistance, I think I'm zeroing in on this now. The NL stuf does indeed look promising, but proof will be in the use...

As a Newb, I really appreciate the help. Will post up some pics as soon As I finish... which given the interrupt nature of weekends, may be next Sat or the one following. Again, thanks to all.

National Luna looks great.... til I saw the price. I almost choked to death at the $1500.00 price tag...... I want to hear how it does your dishes after you're done eating too !

:D

Clarification: Stealthmimic is using the National Luna Split Charger kit (solenoid/isolator) at $375 with an Engel fridge and not the $1500 NL fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom