Fired up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just started my '40 today after three months of mods and "improvements". PS, motormounts, header, new carb, blah, blah. Muffler shop was closed but I had to take a spin anyway. Loud to say the least. Thanks for all the help with my self inflicted problems. Primarily wiring.
Thanks,
Ed :)

PICS

Well, I've posted most of this in the past, so forgive my redundancy...
Added the mini power steering and cooler

Replaced motormounts

New waterpump, added 2 groove waterpump pulley and changed from old metal fan to 6 blade nylon. Wanted to go clutch fan, but would have to change out my new waterpump

Boiled radiator, installed a complete shroud

Flipped my alternator to the pass side

Header and 2F intake, '74 carb adapted to 2F aircleaner, and made a nifty warm air intake

Fabbed a fluid heatriser

Amazing thing is that it started right up and I only had one leak... fuel fitting on the fuel pump.
Now about exhaust. I've got a Flowmaster(generic) and 2 1/2" pipe, but now I've installed IDave's SOR 2 piece header. Should I put the y pipe on and reconnect or go with dual exhaust?????

[quote author=Degnol link=board=1;threadid=13795;start=msg128241#msg128241 date=1080486937]

[/quote]

WOW you could eat off that motor looks good :D

[quote author=Degnol link=board=1;threadid=13795;start=msg128241#msg128241 date=1080486937]
Now about exhaust. I've got a Flowmaster(generic) and 2 1/2" pipe, but now I've installed IDave's SOR 2 piece header. Should I put the y pipe on and reconnect or go with dual exhaust?????
[/quote]

I would run a y-pipe with single exhaust. One pipe tucked up well will not leave much room for another. I do love the look of dual pipes though. Pics look great!!

Drew <><

Got a buddy with duelies and glasspacks. Sounds wicked (like it's a 2 stroke), but unless it's done right it can get cluttered real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom