Fire restrictions in NM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cibola Nat Forest has issued Stage 2 fire restrictions in their Nat forests, starting June 18th, 2021.
Santa Fe Nat Forests are in Stage 1 Fire restrictions
Be very careful when going into NM forests right now , as these areas are very dry, with no chances of heavy rains, in the near future.
No open campfires and other restrictions.

Thanks Jeff, the forests aren't happy with all this drought. This question was asked some place else and I'll reiterate it here. If your fire can produce flying embers, DON'T use that device. Propane/liquid fuel stoves/barbque/grill/fire pits are ok but nothing else that uses any other means of fueling that fire! 👍

As a public service to the trees and the club....

Anyone in the club interested in inexpensive gas campfire options and projects I offer my metal fabrication services and flammin' hot fire pit expertise for free. I have done several of them big and small, even a collapsible for my motorbike. (Plus, I'm single, have no kids and somehow need something else to do....)

Bring me the bits you need zapped, chopped, bent or holes poked and I'll knock it out.
Here is one of my quick and dirties, a party balloon helium container cut in half.
IMG_7240.jpg
(I have a spare helium cylinder if you want one of these.)
IMG_7241.jpg
This is a key part, about $15 from Amazon. It's an air mixer for the stoichiometric calculations that I do for every firepit I build. (BAWH HAW!!!- NOT!)

IMG_7242.jpg
Rolled up expanded steel "Logs".
IMG_7243.jpg
Very fast, simple and did not cost a hundred bux. Probably about $25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom