Fire resistant stuffing...roof? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

oestlarsen

SILVER Star
Threads
I learned the hard way last time and burned a hole in my headliner...
About to tackle a few spots..
Does anybody stuff holes with a material that stops sparks from reaching the lining?

:)
Thx!!

B4DEB643-7A99-41FF-8588-5D8004925C4F.jpeg

You can drop the rear section of the headliner by removing the windlace trim along the top of the rear hatch and the corner trim pieces that are screwed on. Pull the insulation down.

it’s a bit of work, but saves the Inevitable melted hole...

You can drop the rear section of the headliner by removing the windlace trim along the top of the rear hatch and the corner trim pieces that are screwed on. Pull the insulation down.

it’s a bit of work, but saves the Inevitable melted hole...

thx...will try it but had hoped for cheeky/clever stuffing as will need it on the side where I cant pull the liner back...
I might just try cutting a section of a welding blanket :)

Why not use fiberglass house insulation? Not fireproof, but it would slow sparks. Welding blanket scraps (cut up one from Harbor Fright) would work well, too.

We found out that charred insulation seems to resist catching fire again?

Instead of welding blankets we placed wet thick towels on the roof, windows, and sides to dissipate heat and prevent the bbs from sticking onto stuff. Those reflective screens for windshields also prevented any weld sparks from touching the car

20200619_203900.jpg

SavedImage_20200612_195155_05.jpg

But imo if you leave the headliner in, then definately have someone be firewatch and ready to spray/slap away the fire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom