Fipg w cork gasket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coolant lines if needed use aircraft sealant in the hose. Install. Tighten fitting.
Hmmm. Don’t have any of that around. What would be a source

Just an update after going at the front main seal for the 4th time. When I pulled off the TC and gasket it was very apparent that my gasket was messed up... no wonder it was leaking. I used a in/lb torque wrench, FIPG, and definitely followed everything else in the FSM. I even had an experienced FJ60 buddy come over and oversee my inexperienced work. Below is what the gasket looked like. Note: there is definitely a good chance that my torque wrench is not up to snuff or I am not using it correctly (although in other areas there were no issues such as the side cover gasket etc.)

This go around I used the Aviation Sealant that was recommended. I also did not use the torque wrench. I tightened the screws until I saw the slightest bulge. With this approach there was a slight leak out the bottom by the two "A" bolts that when tightened up worked out perfect. Now, SO FAR, no leaks and it seems to be working out well. Thanks for all the great advice on this thread.

IMG_1322 (1).jpg

R
Just an update after going at the front main seal for the 4th time. When I pulled off the TC and gasket it was very apparent that my gasket was messed up... no wonder it was leaking. I used a in/lb torque wrench, FIPG, and definitely followed everything else in the FSM. I even had an experienced FJ60 buddy come over and oversee my inexperienced work. Below is what the gasket looked like. Note: there is definitely a good chance that my torque wrench is not up to snuff or I am not using it correctly (although in other areas there were no issues such as the side cover gasket etc.)

This go around I used the Aviation Sealant that was recommended. I also did not use the torque wrench. I tightened the screws until I saw the slightest bulge. With this approach there was a slight leak out the bottom by the two "A" bolts that when tightened up worked out perfect. Now, SO FAR, no leaks and it seems to be working out well. Thanks for all the great advice on this thread.

View attachment 2767782
Man that is impressive how the gasket tore. Thanks for he feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom