FIPG Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.peopleschoiceins.com
This probably isn't anything new for most of you, but I stumbles onto this neat little tool, and wanted to share.

Since FIPG is such a pain to clean out of those tiny little 1mm grooves, I found this drill bit tool made by 3M. It reminds me of a tool made by the same company called an "eraser" that is used by paint and body guys.

I found this at Autozone for about $5, and chucked it up in my small air powered grinder. It's made of semisoft rubber, and fans out a bit when at full RPM.

Also pictured is a difficult to work place on the inside of the timing cover off my 1FZFE. Also worked well on the upper and lower oil pans, which I can now remove in my sleep.;)

Note the air blower in the background. Use this to clean all the FIPG dust when done.
TCo-ringjob 007.jpg
TCo-ringjob 008.jpg
TCo-ringjob 006.jpg

it looks like that there is a lot of metal coming off with that gasket.

3M also make the pads that look like ball. You can get different grits.

I didn't see any others, but that makes sense.

The debris you see is just FIPG and rubber off the tool.

Legal Disclaimer: No aluminum, steel, other precious metals or animals were harmed in the removal of this FIPG.

I've seen those on the tool trucks for years and never tried one. I have a few die grinders with roloc as well as klingspor chucks. I'll definately give these a try:D Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom