Finished (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:cheers:
So it only took 6 Northern winters to complete,whats the hurry? I want to
drive the damn thing!!!:grinpimp: Thanks so much to the moderators of this forum
for countless hours of work. Thanks for FAQ. Thanks for all the willing help
from members. I think I hear a dirt road calling. Bye
100_0447.jpg
100_0598.jpg
DSC01616.jpg

WOW!!! An amazing transformation. Well done, it looks great. Have you done a write-up on it yet?

Jonny

Nothing better than seeing another classic restored. Good work!

WOW!! I can see why it took 6 northern winters. Congratulations, I looks fantastic. :beer:

Custom mirror brackets

nice job :)

how are your mirror arms mounted? custom by you?

They mount to windshield upper hinge bolts. I used a 1/2 solid mild steel.
Bent them to correct angle. Made 4 male tapered bushing to fit the hinge
holes which are female tapered for countersunk screws. The bushing is made from a heavy wall pipe which allows the bolt to fit through it. When I cut bushings to length I used a small drill bit to start and then increased size until it cut the bushing in half. This gave the proper curve to fit the arms. Lower bushing are shorter than upper due to windshield slant. Drilled a hole for mirror stud. Used a angle grinder to smooth on two side where hole was drilled . One side for mirror stud and other for lock nut.
Used 2 different length metric bolts to mount. Don't bang your coconut
cause they do not give. No vibration from loose arms. Hence 6 year to build. They say I have patience.:cool:

Both my wife and I work for Case IH so hence the color is Power Tan. Same as Case skid steers,backhoes Etc. I like it. Some thing different than factory without screwing it up.

Nice looking 40. As you, I'm pat of the long term resto group. Started mine in 2007 and still going...

Thats freakin gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom