finicky antenna 2006 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sometimes it goes up, often just goes partially up, always goes down.
tips/hints?
lube, oil, corrosion X, etc?
thx!

Are you pushing the up arrow on the antenna button?

Are you pushing the up arrow on the antenna button?
no i'm saving that option for now, it would just be nice for it to go up like normal when FM is selected as audio input.
think i'll just corrosion x it and see what happens.
planning on sticking in a bluetooth usa spec B-T45 toy but would just be nice to have it work as intended.

I think he said that because it has a memory, and using the up/down in some fashion resets that memory and works differently than turning the key or hitting a radio button.,, I think

I think he said that because it has a memory, and using the up/down in some fashion resets that memory and works differently than turning the key or hitting a radio button.,, I think
Yes it goes back to the last manual setting. I find mine is also finicky. If you get a bush bend or corrosion it will also act inconsistent.

Yes it goes back to the last manual setting. I find mine is also finicky. If you get a bush bend or corrosion it will also act inconsistent.
Well heck I would have never thought of that! That’s pretty cool thx!!

Well heck I would have never thought of that! That’s pretty cool thx!!

Screenshot_20201001-122621_Dropbox.jpg

Last edited:
The memory setting is a real thing so try that first, but also know that some LC's antenna's just want to watch the world burn.

Like mine. It would go sideways if it could figure out how to.

Dumb question and just the kind I assume that folks here will have strong opinions on - manual says clean antenna with “clean, dry cloth.” I’m about to do that, but should I also spray silicone or apply some grease? WD40? Leave naked?

Dumb question and just the kind I assume that folks here will have strong opinions on - manual says clean antenna with “clean, dry cloth.” I’m about to do that, but should I also spray silicone or apply some grease? WD40? Leave naked?
(I've never done it but) I'd wipe it with a dry lubricant of some sort - anything wet will just attract grime and build up over time.

Thanks. So, graphite? Something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom