Finding a fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll go ahead and thank you all for your help in advance. My first car was an FJ Cruiser (talked myself out of getting a FJ40 back then which was so much cheaper then than it is now) and I drove it for 10 years before selling it. My father and I always drooled over the 40's, he since has past away and I am looking to get a 40 as my daily driver & to live on the dream we always had. I'll be driving 20 miles round trip (5 of which will be on the highway) to the airport for flight school. I have read many buyers guides and have done a lot of research, but am looking for any tips/help finding a good fj40. looking to spend around 25k. Right now here our some of the things I am looking for:
- 1f/2f (2f proffered) not a 350 conversion
- Hard top
- rust to be very minimal if any
- AC or priced decently enough for me to add it.
- Powered steering wold be a huge plus

You might find the charm wears thin driving one as a daily driver if in heavy traffic. Back roads. A 40 requires more driver involvement than any modern vehicle. Good luck with your search👍

You might find the charm wears thin driving one as a daily driver if in heavy traffic.
or not.
3:70s and 33s makes them quite drivable at speed...my 75 is my spring/summer/fall daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom