1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finaly got it,

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by samibattlemaiden, Mar 5, 2007.

1. samibattlemaiden

samibattlemaiden

Went and picked up my 60 last thursday, still no pics though cause i bricked and forgot the digi cam, but ill finish the roll of of film in my camera and go get those developed and scan them in, i must say im stoked, (until thurs ide never driven one and i love it) i have alot more upper end acceleration than i thought i would,
    one small concern though i went out and had to test it and 4H works great but when i shifted into 4L i got a grinding sound like the gears arn't lined up just right (like when you try to shift and mis the gear and let out the clutch to soon) the only thing i can think (and i might be totaly off) is that with the 5speed maybe it doesn't line up just right, the PO had to mod the tranny tunnle as the 5spd sits further forward than the oem 4spd so maybe it's wider also was my thought?
    anyone had similar problems, let me know what to do or how 2 check.
    Thanks

2. Rig of Mortis

Rig of Mortis

Media:
    Albums:
    Check for a broken tranny mount, you'll get a sick grinding sound with one that is broken, the same can be said regarding engine mounts.

3. samibattlemaiden

samibattlemaiden

lust in 4low though i would think that would be all the time from a mount?

4. Rig of Mortis

Rig of Mortis

Media:
    Albums:
    I had a broken tranny mount and the symptoms would only show up under extreme load in 4Low.

Even when you're lusting in 4Low

5. 2mbb

2mbb SILVER Star

When shifting into 4low, you need to be careful to just push the shift lever from left to right, but not forward. If your shift linkage is mis-adjusted or if the shift bracket is mis-adjusted or missing, you could pop it out of 4wd when shifting into low. Spend a little time under the truck and become familar with the two shifting arms on the trasfer case. Put it into 4wd High, and check where the 4wd shift arm is. Put it into Low and see if the 4wd shift arm has moved. If it has, something is wrong with how you are shifting or with the linkage or bracket.

6. 2mbb

2mbb SILVER Star

?? AFAIK, the 5speed is longer than the 4speed, and mounted to the stock engine the transfer case would sit farther back, not forward. I'm not sure what this means to the transfer shift linkage. I did the 5speed mod, but my truck had the longer 4speed, so the 5speed pretty much bolted right up.

7. samibattlemaiden

samibattlemaiden

WTF is "AFAIK" ill get dirty tomorow, probly give er a bath first or blind my self with the dirt im gunna end up nocking into my eyes, and see where everything is in hi and low.

8. GulfShoresFJ60

GulfShoresFJ60

AFAIK - As Far As I Know

9. samibattlemaiden

samibattlemaiden

thanks im learnen new jargen every day