Finally time to lift my LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been following mud for a couple years now, and this past June I finally found a good deal on a 1998 LX470. It had a bouncy ride, but I figured I'd live with it until it was time to lift. The ride progressively got bouncier and bouncier. About 2 months ago, the AHC system finally failed and is sitting at the low level.

My goal from the beginning was to be able to run 35" tires. I'm getting ready to order an Old Man Emu 2.5" lift from Cruiser Outfitters. (no diff drop, .. yet anyways) with torsion bars, but was wondering if I should install a 1" body lift from duiser at the same time? Do I really need anything other than the lift? Control arms (front and or rear)? Adjustable track bar? I thought it might make things easier to do it all at once, plus provide a little more clearance for the 35"s. I'm hoping in the next year I can regear and install front & rear lockers.

I want to order the lifts on Monday, January 16th. So any advice is very welcome.

Thanks in advance

If I recall duiser is no longer actively selling products.

I too would love 35s but they come with a lot. I have done every trail I have attempted on 33s and sliders.

From what I understand and I am new to the 100 series is that you are going to want to do the diff drop for anything over 1.5" otherwise you will end up with premature wear on several components and fairly quickly Cruiser Outfitters has the Slee Diff Drop so I would pick that up at the same time if funds arent available for both right now I would wait until they are.

I appreciate the input, but the need for the diff drop has been argued for and against many times on these boards. I am standing by waiting on the diff drop. I'm mainly curious about if a 2.5" suspension lift accompanied by a 1" body lift will make it so I can definitely run 35"s. Will it be easier to install a body lift and suspension lift at the same time (technically, body lift THEN suspension lift)? Also, any problems I should be concerned about when doing both of these lifts (brake lines, fuel lines, etc)

I emailed duiser this morning and he got right back to me. Said body lift kits are in stock. Can anyone tell me the difference between the stock Toyota (not Lexus) tension bars and the ARB/Old Man Emu ones?

Standard LC torsion bars are ~28.8mm in diameter and OMEs run ~31mm in diameter so this works out to the OMEs having ~ 34% more effective torsional rate at the front wheel.

image.jpeg
The body lift will help but if you go with a 285/75r18 (35x11)it will not be needed. I had the exact set up on mine with slee spacers and tundra wheels with no rubbing once I trimmed the pinch weld. I really was not happy with the ride of the 2.5" ome kit! Very harsh unloading on the front. I am much happier with my current iron man pro foam cell kit. Here is how mine set with 285/75r18 and the 2.5" ome kit.
No body lift.

That definitely is a a good looking truck, looks like the same color as mine. Thanks benc for the input. I think I will wait on the body lift. Now I have to get some Tundra wheels.

295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers they're 34.29 x 11.77. Which is nice because theyre very tall and not super skinny.

benc, do you know what the specs of your spacers are? I just found some Tundra wheels locally.
I believe they were the 1 1/4"
Again, with this tire size I had zero rubbing, if you go any wider you will rub a bit on the top of the front fenders with the spacers or the frame when turning without the spacers. Fwiw, the Toyo rt's were one of my favorite tires and the size was a perfect fit for the 100 IMHO.

View attachment 1383236 The body lift will help but if you go with a 285/75r18 (35x11)it will not be needed. I had the exact set up on mine with slee spacers and tundra wheels with no rubbing once I trimmed the pinch weld. I really was not happy with the ride of the 2.5" ome kit! Very harsh unloading on the front. I am much happier with my current iron man pro foam cell kit. Here is how mine set with 285/75r18 and the 2.5" ome kit.
No body lift.

Those Tundra wheels are way cool... I just did an OME 2.5 Medium lift on my 99 100 Series... Now I want to figure out some wheels and tires. I was thinking some Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's in 285/75/18 with those tundra wheels. (I found some on eBay). Any thoughts? I just don't want any rubbing.

Also what bumpers and sliders are those in your pic?

Those Tundra wheels are way cool... I just did an OME 2.5 Medium lift on my 99 100 Series... Now I want to figure out some wheels and tires. I was thinking some Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's in 285/75/18 with those tundra wheels. (I found some on eBay). Any thoughts? I just don't want any rubbing.

Also what bumpers and sliders are those in your pic?
Any tire in that size should fit. All that was needed with mine was a pinch weld trim and the 1 1/4" wheel spacers.
All the armor is from Dissent offroad, the fender guards and sliders are custom but I do plan to have a production version of them soon. there are a couple threads on here, just search dissent offroad and they should come up.

Any tire in that size should fit. All that was needed with mine was a pinch weld trim and the 1 1/4" wheel spacers.
All the armor is from Dissent offroad, the fender guards and sliders are custom but I do plan to have a production version of them soon. there are a couple threads on here, just search dissent offroad and they should come up.

Thanks for the info... Id love to see a few more pics of your rig... please post a few in this thread. I get mine back from the shop with my new OME 2.5 today... can't wait. Aloha

While I really like the look of the Tundra wheels, spacers spook me. I think I'll buy some 18" wheels, perhaps Ultra from Tire Rack. I'll do some searching on how much backspacing I need, unless someone can tell me on a 18x9. I found a set of 285/75R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers that we got stuck with at work.

While I really like the look of the Tundra wheels, spacers spook me. I think I'll buy some 18" wheels, perhaps Ultra from Tire Rack. I'll do some searching on how much backspacing I need, unless someone can tell me on a 18x9. I found a set of 285/75R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers that we got stuck with at work.
A lot of guys running the slee/spidertrax hub centric spacers without issue, myself included. As long as you buy a high quality spacer you will be fine.

A lot of guys running the slee/spidertrax hub centric spacers without issue, myself included. As long as you buy a high quality spacer you will be fine.

I tried the spidertrax 1 1/4" spacers but they have this inner lip that gets in the way. I can't get my front hubcaps on without something though. What brand and model do you recommend? Maybe I will call spidertrax for the exact model. Thanks. ~Ryan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom