Finally Starting This One (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up this 60 in 2008 with the intention of starting a makeover on it...In the meantime I found and resto-ed a different 60 and two 80s and have since kept one of the 80s and sold the other two. Last month I got back working on this one by dropping and replacing the fuel tank and getting the fuel system back up to snuff and getting her running again. Got her running like a top after finding a seized egr and downpipe leak. Will likely do a desmog in the future. Here is some pics from 08 just b4 I picked her up.

b601b.jpg

Pretty Fugly but straight and little cancer. Love the JC Whitney trim the PO put on the rig...It was a pain in the butt to get off and was screwed onto the body.

B602b.jpg

Over the last two weeks I started and finished the body work and have slapped on three coats of urethane primer and another grill I had which was blacked out previously. This weekend touch up the black grill and take it to my brother in law to start fabbing the bumpers (he is a welder by trade). Going to do a tire carrier bumper for the back and not 100% sure if we are going to go aussie cow catcher style for the front or something like an arb style. Here is what she looks like now...

untitled1.jpg
untitled2.jpg
untitled3.jpg

Will post a few more pics later guess I used up my allocation. When it comes back from the bumper upfit, paint goes on...probably going to be a camo pattern. Another work in progress.

Last edited:
Yeah I have. I keep track of you guys thru the ONSC site. Been lurking and have gathered a few parts thru ONSC folks. I forgot to mention that I slapped some suspension bushings on all 4 corners and add- a -leafed the rear...Stance is alot better now. She was really sagging in those first pics. Also, I put a set of chebby slotted rims on it w 30x9.5's.

Off to a good start! Like seeing NC rigs - always! Where is flat water?

Goldsboro...gotta drive west to get to my other hobby besides LC's. Running whitewater. Most of the rivers around here are FLAT...However the rivers around here are great for all my canoe camping trips!

Another resto:D Excellent, looking forward to build

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom