Builds FInally starting FJ-45 LPB Restomod. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had this FJ-45 in storage for many years, and am finally starting on the rebuild. We have had the frame blasted, primed, and painted, and the body goes to media blasting later this week. It is a 67 LPB, original US truck. The motor was swapped some time ago to a Toyota Diesel, but the seller took the motor when he sold me the truck. Original axles were in poor condition, and not very stout, so it is now sitting on Toyota truck axles with disk front brakes. New OME heavy duty suspension with 2" lift have been installed. We have decided to go 5.7 and 4L60E to make it more usable. In the long run it will be cheaper than trying to return everything to stock, and let's face it, the stock drivetrain isn't much fun to drive. I am not sure what the long term plan is for the rig, but I figure it doesn't do anyone any good sitting in storage. For color, I am torn between dune beige, and the Kia Stinger color Ceramic Silver. (I just picked up a new Stinger GT2 in Ceramic Silver, and it is a gorgeous color. Also an absolute rocket ship). Hopefully truck will be on the road by summer.

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

image000003.jpg

image000004.jpg

I am leaning towards Ceramic Silver. It isn't traditional, but the color really stands out, while looking subdued at the same time, if that makes sense. The Stinger looks awesome in Ceramic Silver, and people always stop me and compliment the color.

I am leaning towards Ceramic Silver. It isn't traditional, but the color really stands out, while looking subdued at the same time, if that makes sense. The Stinger looks awesome in Ceramic Silver, and people always stop me and compliment the color.

I really like that color, and it was one of the ones I am thinking about for my build. It would definitely be a good choice.

good to see you back.

I thought you sold the truck years ago.

I'm more of a purist, I would go Dune Biege. It's a classic vehicle that looks best in a classic color.

It's hard to be a purist when you run a Chevy V8 and auto tranny, but I guess there are different levels of 'purity'.

I thought about selling it many times but in the end I decided it would be worth more assembled, so whether I keep or sell it makes sense to get it finished up.
How are things in Helena?

good to see you back.

I thought you sold the truck years ago.

I like that silver, but maybe do it in a single stage paint. In my opinion, 40's don't look right with a high gloss base coat / clear coat paint job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom