Finally started it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got the 4Runner started. A good friend of mine who has built some awesome J@##ps and done some work on the Pig for me has it. He has gotten it on the jig table and set the wheelbase. Link material on its way to go with the hiem joints already on hand.
:bounce::bounce2:

DSCF4104.jpg

DSCF4107.jpg

DSCF4105.jpg

Last edited:
Just been collecting parts!

Wheel base is going to be 114" + or - inch.

Motor is 4.3 vortec, 700R4, and Atlas II 4.3. 42 IROKS on recentered Hummers. Dana 60 front(5.13, ARB, chromo shafts, CTMs) and 14 bolt rear(ARB,shaved)

DSCF4108.jpg

Wheel base is going to be 114" + or - inch.

Motor is 4.3 vortec, 700R4, and Atlas II 4.3. 42 IROKS on recentered Hummers. Dana 60 front(5.13, ARB, chromo shafts, CTMs) and 14 bolt rear(ARB,shaved)

DSCF4108.jpg

Dude STOP shave the axle not the ARB:flipoff2:

OK.

You suck. :cool:

You need to post-up right the fawk now when this lil' wet dream of yours is suppossed to be finished. :rolleyes:

You gonna have to cash one of your social security checks to put the the first tank of gas in 'er. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Love ya,

:flamingo:

Let me help you David...and I quote"it'll be done when is done"

Let me help you David...and I quote"it'll be done when is done"

From 1300 miles away, I can HEAR that voice speak those words, drawl and all!

David, with everything you've got going on in your life, you're about the LAST person I'd expect to take on a project of....how shall I say this.....this magniTUDE! Heck, with a 4skinner sporting those axles, I think magniTUDE would be a good name for the project. Just sayin.:D

And as your friend, I gotta tell you that postin up stuff like this less than 2 weeks before the roundup is setting yourself up for some major :censor:

I'm gonna go pack the executive lounger so I can sit back and watch this one!;p

Thanks Domek for the answer. You are spot on. We spent 8 hours yesterday just welding up holes and and grinding off stuff and plating the front of the frame. The guy doing the work is an anal retentive son of a gun but he does excellent work. Kowboy, remember I can retire in 11 years so you may be close in your estimate. Course by then you'll be drawing SSI and slobering on yourself. Your gonna make Perk look like a a high society member.

Full hydro, load reactive valve. 4 link rear and hopefully 4 link front if not 3 link w/panhard.

Come on guys give him a break.

Dave I know you'll finish her.

I have been gathering parts too. I want to convert my 40 to 1 ton drivetrain. As it is I have been working in the disc conversion of th 14 bolt.

I got the 265/205 combo too.

I still need the D60 front and all the steering parts. New wheels and tires too.

See you all at Round UP

Is that an 86 model? I am trying to sell my Step Dad's right now and it has the same "super fly" stripe package. Just wondering. See ya in a week and a half!

Later,

Got the link material coming, 2" x .250 4130 chromoly. Got the motor tranny and tcase bolted together and mocked up in the frame. Gotta get the body up there next and see how much of the floor has to come out.:D Gonna be low if we can get it there. Everything is up above the frame rails except the oilpan and I am looking for a solution to that little problem.:cheers:

It ain't worth having that stuff mounted that high if you have to cut the floor pan out. You also get into drive shaft angles that suck. Just drop that s*** down a little and build a nice skid plate. Just my .02

Later, Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom