Finally solved my overheating problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you drop a different motor in that puppy?

That would be a rather expensive fix for an overheating problem.

If you did drop a new engine in there...what did you do with the old one? I'm sure someone might be interested in that blower.

Sheesh, that much money would have got an awesome turbocharger setup for your 1FZFE, a new fan clutch, radiator, radiator cap, thermostat, water pump, whatever else was wrong with the cooling there, PLUS another 50 or so HP!!! Plus after all that you still coulda sold that supercharger to someone for another 1500 to 2000! Weird.

I think he is pullin our leg.
Sean

:) I am just dreaming.......although, if I had known this supercharger was going to cause me so many problems I probably would of opted for a engine swap. TurboCruiser, I have changed all the stuff you mentioned plus every other cooling related item and I still get hot when air temps hit 90+.

markt said:
:) I am just dreaming.......although, if I had known this supercharger was going to cause me so many problems I probably would of opted for a engine swap. TurboCruiser, I have changed all the stuff you mentioned plus every other cooling related item and I still get hot when air temps hit 90+.

Well, ya had us going!!! I think there is one last thing to change then and that is the fan supplied with the supercharger kit. There was a wonderful thread some time ago about how a fine fella by the username of ToolsRUs found that the fan supplied with the supercharger kit was a problem. Lemme see if I can link the thread here for you ...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=55521&highlight=bad+dude

HTH, :cheers:

every thing related with the cooling even the HG? Something is wrong if you are over heating, even with the supercharger...... You have a problem, once it is fixed you should not aver heat any more, you just need to find the problem. later robbie

Have you regeared? I just swapped to 4:88 and engine is running cooler. I'm also supercharged with similar mods and weight as you.

powderpig said:
every thing related with the cooling even the HG?

I believe Rick, Doug, and Lars have led the way and made many of us less apprehensive about replacing the HG on the 1FZ-FE.

Heck, Doug replaced his using nothing but a crescent wrench, a strong brother-in-law, and a long screwdriver. Oops, forgot... he had to buy a 14mm gear wrench too.

:D

-B-

My guess is the ron davis radiator if you have replaced everything else and flushed properly. My 2 cents, as I do not trust replacing a perfectly adequate product with an unknown, no matter how good it is supposed to be. I can pull a 3500lb boat up steep mtn roads (coquhalla hwy B.C.) in 90 degree temps w/o overheating or the AC cutting out, and I am supercharged. Had the same problem, changed the radiator to the 94 3 core brass rad and I was good to go.
Cheers,
Sean

I think (hope) my ron davis radiator is sufficiant. I had overheating issues when I first installed the SC so I installed the Ron Davis....(I didn't know about the 94 brass at the time)and my over heating went away for about 15,000 miles, then all of a sudden I start getting hot again (not like that:)) I have since changed all the normal cooling stuff and I am still getting hot on hot days! Does anybody know the contact for the oil testing company so I can positively rule out the head-gasket?

Not having coolant in the oil in not postive conclusion for a HG sweaking compression into the coolant. May want to have the radiator or coolant tested for combustion gasses. Did you get a chance to hook a computer up with OBDII software and read what the temps are and under what conditions? Also when does the overheating actually happen, I do not remember this. Does it happen all the time or under load going up hills or pulling a load or just sitting with the AC on? etc. Any how My guess is that nothing else is going to take care of this problem but a HG. later robbie

I have a new auto meter gauge that is reading 14 degrees high compared to what the OBDII says. I am overheating at idle and going up hills...under load. Although, when at an idle sitting still I can rev the engine to 2000 RPM (fan blows a bit more) and my temps start to come down some. I was thinking of trying my stock fan when I changed out my fan clutch but I couldn't find the fan, I must have thown it out when we moved? I need to do a little research to se if it will fit with my Ron Davis Radiator which has a different tank on the bottom that I beleive gives me a bit more clearance.

Where/how can I get my coolant checked for exhaust gas?

I use a electronic detector or sniffer for customers to see a postive test if needed. Some shops have test paper that will show combutions gasses by turning the paper a certain color. call around and see. I am sure their has to be a compentent shop that does toyotas near you. later robbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom