Finally, Slee sliders made it. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MaddBaggins

Remember the KnightRider!
Threads
Got my Slee sliders today. I anxiously waited for a week, checking the tracker # about 10 times a day. I'll slap those puppy's up after work today :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

I cut open the packaging and checked them out. Excellent quality workmanship and they look like they will be easy to install, espcially since I have forklifts available here it will be a 1 man job.

Thanks to Slee Offroad, Adrian for taking my order and Christo for providing such a good product. Now I can stop putting dents in my rocker panels.:cheers:

If the install on yours is anything like what I went through when installing the wife's step sliders a couple weeks ago...you shouldn't have any problems at all.

I was able to mount mine by myself, but it would be helpful to have another set of hands available.

A couple boxes or jack stands to support the sliders during the install will come in handy.

On the driver's side slider install...make sure you route the U-bolt BETWEEN the brake lines and the frame. I had to wedge a large screwdriver blade between the lines and the frame to make room for the u-bolts.

Other than that...install is pretty much a no brainer. Good instructions.

Have fun!

Alvin, good luck on the install. I would help, but you didn't ask:flipoff2:.

Ross

watch for contact with the outrigger and the transmission crossmember on the passenger side. I had to grind my crossmember and some have had some vibrations from that also.

Take a straight edge and place it vertically on the frame and then pass it over that spot to check your clearances.

Thanks for the tips.

Hey Ross if you wanna help or check them out, be at Calypso Automotive around 4pm today. 3419 east Kleindale between Dodge and Country Club.

landtank said:
watch for contact with the outrigger and the transmission crossmember on the passenger side. I had to grind my crossmember and some have had some vibrations from that also.

Take a straight edge and place it vertically on the frame and then pass it over that spot to check your clearances.

Yep, me too. Forgot about that.

I first had the crossmember easily cleared, but found that the outrigger came in contact with the catalytic converter. This made for a nasty rattle and vibration during start up and accelleration.

I had to loosen everything and drop the front portion of the slider down a bit. This caused the foot of the plate that bolts to the frame to contact the cross member. I had to grind a little of the cross member away to get the outrigger low enough to clear the cat.

Mine are a little different around the cats than yours. I have a 94, side by side cats. I'll find out in a few hours how it fits up.:cheers:

I'll try to make it. If I'm goin' to be here all night, I might as well take a break to see something fun.

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom