Finally scanned my Owner's Manual for circa 1970 FJ40 FJ43 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joestewart

SILVER Star
Threads
I hope I'm not posting something that is redundant. I did a search of the forums and could not come up with similar.

Don't pay $500 for this manual on ebay! Get it here for free! ,,,albeit in pdf format.

I've had this manual sitting on my bookshelf for the last 25 years. I know its in horrendous shape, but heck its all there and its readable.

There is no publication date on it. Maybe someone can tell me what year this owner's manual is from? It is publication No. 96151. I would guess it applies to about 1970?

I have posted the manual in its entirety on my google site. Feel free to view, download or print. Let me know if there are any problems.

Here's the link. The owner's manual is at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!

Other Free pdf Manuals - David Brown info II

Cover of Toyota Land Cruiser Owner's Manual.jpg

It looks to be a 1970-71 manual, based on the manual number and back cover information. I have this same undated 96151 manual, with the TEQ logo on the back cover, PRINTED IN JAPAN Ⓒ 6Y. This electrical wiring diagram is attached to the inside back cover, folded in quarters. The lower left corner is cut off. The upper left edge of the diagram is glued to the back cover.
71 FJ40 Owner's Manual.JPG

There appears to be at least 2 versions of the undated 96151 manual. The back cover of the other version has the TEQ pinwheel logo instead. All the pinwheel logo 96151 versions have PRINTED IN JAPAN Ⓒ followed by "5", the TEQ logo manuals have "6" instead. Toyota used the pinwheel logo on earlier manuals. The 63-68 manuals all had the logo on the back cover. Perhaps these 96151 manuals are from 69-70.
71 g4 crop.jpg

There is also a dated version of this manual, 1969-70. This may be a reprinted in USA version. Toyota did something similar with the FJ55 manuals during this time. Original manuals were undated, printed in Japan. Later, there was a reprinted in USA version with a dated cover.
69-70.jpg

Is this original manual for sale?

No, its not for sale. It is free (in pdf format) at the link given in the post above. In addition to this manual, check out that link for a free pdf of the Chilton's manual for 1966-1974 FJ40s and a free pdf of one volume of the circa 1968 FJ40 dealer parts catalog. Enjoy.

I’ll help bump this up.

@JohnnyC do you know if there are any post-early ‘63 electrical wiring diagrams that have the wire size as well as the wire colors listed on them? I have the early one from the FSM that has the wire gauges listed in mm^2 but I haven’t seen that on any others, either mm^2 or AWG. I’m curious because it appears as though at some point in time many of the same colored wires went up in size from the early rigs.

Espero no estar publicando algo redundante. Hice una búsqueda en los foros y no pude encontrar algo similar.

¡No pague $500 por este manual en eBay! ¡Obténlo gratis aquí! ,,,aunque en formato pdf.

He tenido este manual en mi estantería durante los últimos 25 años. Sé que está en una forma horrenda, pero diablos, está todo ahí y es legible.

No tiene fecha de publicación. Tal vez alguien me pueda decir de qué año es este manual del propietario. Es la publicación No. 96151. Supongo que se aplica a alrededor de 1970.

He publicado el manual en su totalidad en mi sitio de Google. Siéntase libre de ver, descargar o imprimir. Avísame si hay algún problema.

Aquí está el enlace. El manual del propietario está en la parte inferior de la página. ¡Disfrutar!

Otros Manuales Gratis en pdf - David Brown info II

View attachment 1568756
Hola no encontré el link, me lo puedes enviar a mi correo porfa, o comentar el link de descarga acá, si no es mucha molestia. Muchas gracias

Sorry, I did not realize that the link was bad.

Here is a revised link. The land cruiser manuals are at the bottom of the page:

Other free pdf manuals

You can also try this one to get you directly to that particular owner's manual (Note: there are other owners manuals for FJ40s of various years on the main page):

FJ40 Owner's Manual 1968-1971

You can also send me an email. Provide me with your email address and I can email the manual directly to you.

Is this original manual for sale?
I have some original manuals I need to sale, from reading on this site I must have 69-70ish Toyota FJ40 manuals because there is no exact date on them. And because I got them from my neighbor who had owned a FJ from around those years. I have several manuals and a few small original parts. Unfortunately I have no use for these items! If anyone is interested I can send more information and/or pics .

I have some original manuals I need to sale, from reading on this site I must have 69-70ish Toyota FJ40 manuals because there is no exact date on them. And because I got them from my neighbor who had owned a FJ from around those years. I have several manuals and a few small original parts. Unfortunately I have no use for these items! If anyone is interested I can send more information and/or pics .
PM Sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom