Finally ready to get a snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not really too 80's tech but since its for an 80 ill post here. Ive finally convince my :princess: girlfriend that I need a snorkel. Yesterday heavy rains flooded most streets downtown in Charleston. She was atleast smart enough to not drive through the gigantic puddles and flood her car. I got suckered into picking her up and a bunch of other people I work with up because I drive a Land Cruiser. I jokingly told the :princess: this is why I need a snorkel and now she is agreeing to the idea.

http://newsfiles.charleston.net/Flooding/index.htm

Here are some pics to give you an idea of how deep the water was yesterday.

Last edited:
Good thing that chicky had her wind shield wipers going... she might not have been able to see where she was going otherwise.

That would have hit your bumper hehe..no snork required.

DanKunz said:

Shhh.... The :princess: doesnt really need to know that.

DanKunz said:

In addition, had you been up to your hood in moving water you might get washed away like the others. That's a LOT of water pushing against the cruiser. Snorkle won't make the cruiser impervious to these hazards.

But, a cruiser in water up to the doors sounds like a motor boat at idle. The put-put of the exhaust breaking the surface of the water, the tires sloshing through like the bow of a boat.... Where's my fishing pole?

Doc said:
In addition, had you been up to your hood in moving water you might get washed away like the others. That's a LOT of water pushing against the cruiser. Snorkle won't make the cruiser impervious to these hazards.

We dont really get moving water. Charleston just has poor drainage downtown so its just standing water :doh: . Ive seen plenty of Darwin Award candidates on TV trying to drive through raging rivers to know thats a really bad idea :eek: .

Just curious, what depth of water will a standard gas 80 make it through? I realize it depends on the tires and lift, but just approximately?

Man, if only that woman driving the car had her sunroof open too...

Martin White said:
Just curious, what depth of water will a standard gas 80 make it through? I realize it depends on the tires and lift, but just approximately?

Up to the hood if you know how to create and maintain a bow wave.

Kalawang

I though in't a really challenge there .. no constant deep water really. The main issue I thought maybe your distribuitor, coil, sparks, plugs, fuse box .. and all other electrical stuff ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom