Finally pics of the new LX450 !!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice wheels. Congrats.

Did you baseline all the fluids yet?

Time for some mods, what are you thinking of?

Not fond of the green color, but at least it's a 2-tone and has another color with it. :D

The interior looks pretty clean, but you gotta lose whatever that is on the dash and also you should stop drinking Coke. It could kill you! :flipoff2:

Other than that, nice, clean truck with lockers... Well done!

Mot ;)

Last edited:
You need to get an in-dash cup holder. Don't listen to all the haters out there...the OEM in-dash unit's the only way to go ;)

I agree with Mot, lose the mascot on the dash :D

Nice rig!

Let him keep the dog. Maybe he isn't allowed to have a real one. Congrats.
Sean.

Absolutley not allowed to have a real DOG... thats the dog I got with my first Truck :)

You know a guy with a truck who doesnt have a dog just doesnt fit !!!!

BCLX450

BTW

the dealership where I bought the truck did all the fluids and the belts...
I sent it to Lexus and they changed a couple light bulbs and gave the truck a clean bill of health.....
It has 140k kilometers, what PM do u think I need if any?

I got the rig here for 24can which is like 19-20k us$.... since they are incredibly hard to find in the canadian market without being brought up from the states it is a pretty good deal I think.

I found 4 - 5 others that I looked at but they had come from the US and had come through 2-3 states all of them over 140k miles which is insanley high for mileage here. the prob with vehicles from the states here is the amount of fraud, never know what u are getting, this being bought new by the last owner gave me alot of confidence as well as knowing he had it serviced at Lexus through its life.

Welcome :flipoff2:

Pink panties available from Norcal upon request. :princess:

Steering Wheel

Looks good. The steering wheel looks like it could use a Wheelskin cover. Most people on here have one and they are very nice covers. www.wheelskins.com

slick621 said:
Looks good. The steering wheel looks like it could use a Wheelskin cover. Most people on here have one and they are very nice covers. www.wheelskins.com
It's hard to tell - it could be just shadows.

That said, my wheel was looking like it had been nibbled through in a couple places. I placed and order for wheelskins and just got mine last night. I'll be installing later today. Initial review -- looks very cool. :cool:

What color did u pick for your LX450?

The colors look quite different i guess when they have aged a bit.. they look nice I wonder if I should just order black?

BCLX450

Nice rig you picked up there...now start the long list of mods that you plan for it...

The Lexus wood kit is soooooo much nicer than the crappy one in the cruisers. I hated mine and ripped it out as one of my first mods. It was delaminating and such. Plus, the lexus doesnt have it all over the front dash like the cruiser, much cleaner in my opinion.

BC/LX450 said:

The colors look quite different i guess when they have aged a bit.. they look nice I wonder if I should just order black?

BCLX450

ditto, mine has a few spots that look bad. what color did you pick Doug, from thier description maybe Oak? I dont think black would look good.

Oh and BC did it not come with a roof rack or have you already pulled it?

RavenTai said:
BC/LX450 said:

BCLX450
ditto, mine has a few spots that look bad. what color did you pick Doug, from thier description maybe Oak? I dont think black would look good.

Oh and BC did it not come with a roof rack or have you already pulled it?
I went with the 2 toned version -- black on the top and bottom and oak on the sides. I just got done with the installation, as a matter of fact.
Select the size recommended on their site (I don't recall if it's AAX or AXX) for the LX/LC. As the 2-toned pattern works, the color transition -- between black and oak -- occur at just the right spots for the 4 spoked-air-bagged 80 series steering wheel.

The only minor complaint I have is that the oak on the wheelskin doesn't match very closely with the color of the steering wheel. The steering wheel is darker -- I didn't clean mine before installation, so that might have some to do with it...but not much. If I were to do it again, I'd go with solid black :D
It's just my taste though -- I have a black/color combo thing going with the white with black on the outside, the black/oak steering wheel and I am considering a black and tan/oak set of seat covers -- so a solid black wheelskin would work for me. Oh, one other thing -- the thread provided to stitch is solid black, so black on black would not show the stitches.

Aside from that, I'm very pleased with the product. The instructions state that it will take about an hour to install and that estimate is pretty accurate. They also suggest a band-aid/tape or gloves during the installation -- I wore a glove on my left hand and it helped with pushing the needle as I was stitching.

The feel is nice -- it makes the wheel a bit thicker, but not too much.

I'd recommend it.

Do you think tan would be a better match or stick with the close but not quite Oak?

Oak is a medium earthtone color
Tan is the color of tobacco or a football

RavenTai said:
Do you think tan would be a better match or stick with the close but not quite Oak?
No, I think the tan has too much "red" in it. Something between the brown and the oak would be perfect.

I'll go out and snap a pic -- hopefully it'll look okay with the flash...

hmmm...maybe the brown would be a better match than oak...or maybe I just need to clean my steering wheel leather a bit :confused:
(yeah, I know it's dirty)

The oak's a pretty close match to the seat leather color -- if that makes any difference. They offer free sample swatches -- if you're not in too big of a hurry, I'd suggest you get a few samples before ordering.

Sorry for the crappy angles -- I couldn't see anything through the viewfinder on the digital -- it was too dark. I had to guess/point/click.
Wheel1.jpg
Wheel2.JPG
Wheel3.JPG

Last edited:
actually that two tone does look good, matching the seats works.

think I'll try the brown and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Well to get this thread back on track. BC/LX450, one of the things to check is to see if the birfields have been maintained (ie repacked). This is something that should be done every 60,000 miles or 160,000 km. As for the price and mileage, I think you did well for up here in Canada. Good to get the lockers, but I think all LX 450s in Canada came with lockers. BTW mine looked exactly like that when I bought it. How things change when all I originally wanted to do was 33s and medium springs for some moderated offrading. :). I got mine at 89000km 3 years ago, now has 165000km.
Cheers,
Sean

Well living in Fernie I could see why you have done a little more than that !

Anyway thanks for your replies and help. I am getting the door panels redone with new vinyl net week and some of it became brittle and craked and peeled.
Other than that I huess I am going to take it and get all of the fluids emptied and replaced.

I am thinking of getting synthetics any thoughts?

BCLX450

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom