Finally overhauling my 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gentlemen... and women... after maybe 4 years abd 110,000 miles, my 100 is going under the knife this week. Its getting new timing belt, generator, starter and water pump, a new valve cover seal cause its leaking a little bit... The Heater Tee's are getting replaced, the air conditioning stop working so thats getting fixed, even if it is the compressor, the passenger side ac water drip is getting fixed... all the fluids that arent clear... right now its just the power steering fluid that isnt clear... brake and trranny fluid are clear... replacing all drive train lubricants, replacing the shocks, fxing the antenna , changing the headlight to LED's with ballast, re doing the leather on the drivers seat and probably the steering wheel cover...cause I wore the old one out.
All the dings ,scratches and rust coming out and all over paint and clear coat.
It needs a new hitch reciever
Getting a usa spec bt45 and adding at least 2 built in usb ports
It already has a new battery.
Thinking about a led light bar mounter in front of the grill... It seems the roof rack would be 2 noisey and occasionally I use my rack.
Am I missing anything?
I am using it as a family long distance trip hauler, I have a farm and it runs around in the fields and on some pretty rough logging roads.
I am wondering about adjustable shocks, cause while most of the time its not carrying much... there are times when it has 6 or 7 people and all their stuff in it...

I forgot, front brakes are in great shape, brake fluid was clear... getting rear pads, rotors
are fine...
timing belt is cracked, replacing it

Last edited:
I forgot, front brakes are in great shape, brake fluid was clear... getting rear pads, rotors are fine...

The timing belt to me looks fine to me for 220 000 miles. The serpentine belts has some cracks... I dont regret changing them....

2018-10-25 17.59.23.jpg

2018-10-25 17.59.54.jpg

Thinking about a led light bar mounter in front of the grill... It seems the roof rack would be 2 noisey and occasionally I use my rack.

How are you mounting the light bar?

What's all this work adding up to dollar-wise?

The outstanding question is whether the ac compressor is bad and I should know that today

The shocks were all shot, probably original, I could hear them rattle if I went over a speed bump. Not sure what all they did to get them out.. but they are replaced

Attach22882_20181101_194235.jpg

Another mechanic had tore my back bumper getting the old muffler out, (which had a hole in it) about 2 years ago. This guy fixed the bumper and the muffler

Attach23066_20181103_174837.jpg

I dinged up my door about 4 years ago pulling fence post out of the ground...that got fixed too along with all rust. My diff skid plate had rust too but the frame didnt

Attach23068_20181103_175003.jpg

Attach23261_20181106_004759.jpg

As for the a/c, the dealer has looked at it and wants to replace the compressor. 2 other guys that specialize in auto ac have also looked at. If you put power to the compressor it runs when the ac lines are disconnected. With the lines connected it starts and then stops.
The 2 guys think the compressor is ok and the problem is the lines. So right now I'm going with replacing the lines with new ones. But I also told the main mechanic I dont want the ac failing anytime soon so if the compressor needs replacing we're replacing it

I'm getting bottom of the drivers seat redone, I'm getting a usa spec bluetooth...
I've got to research the back woofer speaker this weekend.
Getting 4 dedicated usb charge ports installed
Ive got to think of what else should be done...

And yes... I'm getting to the place where I could have bought another 100 for what I'm spending on this one... but it wouldn't be in the condition this one will be in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom