Finally ordered my seat foam replacements from SOR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I'm rebuilding the front seats at long last...........hopefully I can get some upholstery ready to go from Shane for these bad boys. Anyone have any experiences with the Specter seat foam bottoms they care to share before I install them and the upholstery, so I don't mangle them?

Have a pair of hog ring pliers?

Not yet........don't even have upholstery!

We went with the Specter foam and seats covers all the way around and were happy. :clap::beer:
seats 036.jpg
seats 052.jpg

We went with the Specter foam and seats covers all the way around and were happy. :clap::beer:

I did the same. Hog nosed pliers are a necessity.

Mined turned out well, but to tell you the truth, my wife said I cursed far more doing the seats than I did rebuilding the engine.

The bench seats are a no brainer when it comes to foam, the bucket ones are formed or sculpted. get the formed ones...

Get the jump seat foam from me if you choose to do the rears, I got a killer deal on foam and will be including it with my jump seat covers.

Shane

Specter does a good job with the 60-62 series.Ihave used these several times and will again.Install is easy,but takes about 2 hours a seat. Mike

I'm gonna need that upholstery kit Shane......jumps seats not necessary at this stage.

Last edited:
... I got a killer deal on foam and will be including it with my jump seat covers.

Shane

Are you selling the jump seat foam separately? If so please PM.

Anyone buy the instruction CD that $or sells?

Yes, I bit and bought the C.D. Dont waste your money! :mad:

No different than the instructions in the box, just shows some dude installing one in the shop.

Not trying to jack you're thread Alex.
Are you selling the jump seat foam separately? If so please PM.
I will be, just have not got final numbers yet. SOR sells 2 pieces per seat when there is actually 3. 2 on the back and one bottom. I will have exact duplicates and this means 3 pieces per seat.

shane - how can i order the jump seat covers and foam from you? is the color black?

thanks.
I can do black, or the reproduction pewter like the door panels. All about your budget and what you are after in the end.

How much for the rear covers and foam?

Rear covers are in the vendor section. Remember that pre 78 and post are different color and size. So an early bottom will not fit a later bottom.

I Should have foam prices later today.

Thanks,

Shane

Shane, I may have missed this but are you selling the front bucket seat bottoms yet? I'd like to get a set to go with the covers that I bought from you a while back. Thanks.

Zip ties

I recovered my front seats with Shane's covers and used zip ties all around. May not look like the factory hog ring set up but it was relatively easy and allows for better adjustment all around. Used the SOR cheaper foam and some butt warmers off the bay....

They came in yesterday......MUCH better looking in person. Super solid stuff!

Shane, I may have missed this but are you selling the front bucket seat bottoms yet? I'd like to get a set to go with the covers that I bought from you a while back. Thanks.
Yes, 74-78 and 79-84

I recovered my front seats with Shane's covers and used zip ties all around. May not look like the factory hog ring set up but it was relatively easy and allows for better adjustment all around. Used the SOR cheaper foam and some butt warmers off the bay....

That is a great tip, I use long ties to pull the listing wire to the frame and then hit it with hog rings. Just tale your time flipping it back and forth to make sure its settling in and square. Im not perfect and it take some seat time to get them to fit snug.

They came in yesterday......MUCH better looking in person. Super solid stuff!

Great, what year?

Hey Shane, have you had any difficulty fitting the SOR seat foam bottoms into the contour of the seat cover? I cannot fit that huge cushion into my seat covers (from CCOT) for some damn reason. I know you like the SOR foam; did you trim it or something? I am talking about the bottoms too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom