Finally- My FJ40 runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after acquiring this truck from a 90 year old lady. I told her I would get it running before too long. Time is relative and after getting some other projects running and out of the way I put my 71 FJ40 on the rack and got to work. I rebuilt the master cylinder for the brake and the clutch, rebuilt all the wheel cylinders, drum brakes, put some some brake lines, and cables on. I then replaced the radiator, water pump, fuel pump, fluids, and put on a weber while I get the original carb rebuilt. And today I started it and drove it out of the garage and around the yard.

I need to get a factory repair manual. Is this online? I have the "F" motor as it is a 71 and three not the tree. I will need a manual for the drivetrain too. I am pretty sure the stuff to change to 4wd does not work.

20180916_165533.jpg

Congratulations!

Nice 40.

You will get more answers on the 40 sub-forum (you are currently in the FJ Cruiser sub forum).
40- & 55-Series Tech

The factory service manuals are available here on mud as PDF files, might have to search for them - I don't have them bookmarked or I would post it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom