Finally, I have a shop... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jealous of the container and the 3/4 air kit! I ‘cheaped’ out and went with the smaller rapid air version. It’s been installed for going on 4 years and zero issues...which is good since 95% of it is behind Sheetrock :confused:.

Let me know if you ever need a hand. I’m not far!

Edit - pick up a couple of these to plumb in while you are laying everything out. I have three one near the compressor, one at the blasting cabinet and one at the longest drop near the garage door (for using plasma).

Motor Guard: Air Management

@mtweller turned me on to them. I get water in my tank but never out the lines.

Jealous of the container and the 3/4 air kit! I ‘cheaped’ out and went with the smaller rapid air version. It’s been installed for going on 4 years and zero issues...which is good since 95% of it is behind Sheetrock :confused:.

Let me know if you ever need a hand. I’m not far!

Edit - pick up a couple of these to plumb in while you are laying everything out. I have three one near the compressor, one at the blasting cabinet and one at the longest drop near the garage door (for using plasma).

Motor Guard: Air Management

@mtweller turned me on to them. I get water in my tank but never out the lines.

Thanks Jon, I’ve been looking at dryers and not seen those before. I’m planning a specific drop for dry air use (blasting/paint) but good idea to have other options.

Yes, the container has turned out to be a solid investment despite the harsh negotiations I had to deploy with the wife. She didn’t like the idea of having one on the property but It fit nicely behind the shop and will disappear with some paint this spring. However, having the 1.3k cu/ft of weather and water tight storage on site is great. Timing is everything and I’ve learned my painful lessons not having storage options for projects, never too old to gain knowledge and learn from others experiences also...

Shop is looking great, Jerry! Very envious of the space you have.

Not a lot to report with the holidays and weather, I did manage to get all my rafter straps installed and extra bolts around the perimeter to make the inspector happy. I also laid down 3 coats of “Drylok Extreme” around the perimeter, inside and out as well as running a bead of caulk up the inside seams a few inches.

I went this route due to who ever installed the building, laid a pile of concrete under each “rib” section but didn’t finish/smooth or seal the concrete and applying the epoxy would have sucked up too much epoxy. I could have tooled fresh concrete on top and sealed it or just sealed it with the rough concrete. Electrical work back at it tomorrow and friday, hoping for final inspection next week...

665ECCDF-39C8-4F2E-ACA7-71CC6EE3CF7B.jpeg
E947B891-1A91-46A1-9583-444958B65B5F.jpeg
7AE4483F-9864-463A-8B2D-9D34D25290B7.jpeg
5FDAFD99-A199-4D9D-B5E6-EEA79E465D84.jpeg

Looking good, Jerry! - you've been quite busy. :)

Jerry. FWIW I use some canisters from a RO water filter system on my airlines. with refillable cartridges and fill them with the color changing blue dessicant beads which are reuseable. depending on humidity I even use one pre-compressor.

Little to update due to issues getting power to shop...coordinating between Orange county inspections and Duke power had created delays. However, service upgrade complete, house panel complete, last step is connecting line to shop, finishing up fixtures inside. Electrician has me scheduled to get it buttoned up...finally :rolleyes:

Yet, the LED gods are smiling on me...Let There Be Light 🌞 6 high bay LED 100w (250w MH equivalent), outdoor 400w MH equivalent and 80w LED drop light. Hopefully it will make up for a lack of windows :cool:
F99B1A83-B0A4-455B-A828-FE439AA1E233.jpeg

Oh nice! That’s on my list for next upgrades.

Can you let us know how you like them?

That drop light is sweet.

I thought that high-bay lights were designed for 14'+ ceilings. Very cool, looking forward to the light they produce.

more than enough space for the tesla bug, need to check this out and sample your latest home brew next time i'm in town.

I mounted the lights, still waiting on electrician to finish the last step, sucks being the low priority on a contractor’s list. Someday...
EF6C2068-C998-4EC9-92A7-373D7B750AC5.jpeg

6EED88E2-F894-4E31-9624-CF17BF40D27C.jpeg

Picked up some aromatherapy candles, keep the mood in the shop in the right mindset...

BFB564D9-EB9C-4C34-A0E4-A99E511F2066.jpeg

After an excruciating period, I finally have a legal building, receiving my certificate of occupancy, getting through all necessary inspections. I do my best not to complain, yet, I proved the idiom “don’t pay the contractor before the job is signed off/done/complete/has their sh!t off your property” so I’ve got nothing to whine about, it’s done.

Moving forward, prepped and completely Tiger Foamed the phawk out of this tin can. My math matched their numbers making the 3 kits I ordered get my shop well covered in this sticky as F stuff. Somehow, I screwed up and didn’t get the albino umpalumpa suits with a hood so I toasted a wide brimmed hat to protect myself. Other necessary best friend in this process...Vaseline, both for the gun/nozzle but for anything else you don’t want the stuff to stick to, including face/neck/beard/etc.

Regardless, very happy with the product, it’s coverage and performance. Hopefully, this will be the last time I move everything out and can put things in place and leave it there. Can’t wait to get all my tools organized that have been in a state of disarray since I move last year, looooong overdue...

4EEBD51C-0DE0-48E4-870C-632B1377C19B.jpeg
D073F58A-4E74-41A6-AC43-3951423026F9.jpeg
489BDD85-62A1-4BE9-930F-2CA1E7F91C9C.jpeg
3F121282-2E0D-4233-9E0C-2C1AAA632FE8.jpeg

I have used that stuff on buildings before out in the desert and it is very messy but works great.

After an excruciating period, I finally have a legal building, receiving my certificate of occupancy, getting through all necessary inspections. I do my best not to complain, yet, I proved the idiom “don’t pay the contractor before the job is signed off/done/complete/has their sh!t off your property” so I’ve got nothing to whine about, it’s done.

Moving forward, prepped and completely Tiger Foamed the phawk out of this tin can. My math matched their numbers making the 3 kits I ordered get my shop well covered in this sticky as F stuff. Somehow, I screwed up and didn’t get the albino umpalumpa suits with a hood so I toasted a wide brimmed hat to protect myself. Other necessary best friend in this process...Vaseline, both for the gun/nozzle but for anything else you don’t want the stuff to stick to, including face/neck/beard/etc.

Regardless, very happy with the product, it’s coverage and performance. Hopefully, this will be the last time I move everything out and can put things in place and leave it there. Can’t wait to get all my tools organized that have been in a state of disarray since I move last year, looooong overdue...

View attachment 2051547View attachment 2051548View attachment 2051549View attachment 2051550

That does not look like fun at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom