Finally got to use my Wagongear tailgate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what's in it?
1. Recovery strap (winch)
2. Towing strap
3. Tree saver strap
4. 3 D shackles
5. Tire fixing kit
6. LED flash light
7. Small LX450 first aid kit
8. Wilderness kit
9. Jump cables
10. Multiple outlet A/C strip
11. Winch wired remote control and heavy duty gloves
12. Box of blue Nitrile gloves (love them)

All these replaced two bags the I would carry only when needed. Now it is with me all the time, and out of the way.
Brilliance!!
IMG_0371.jpg
IMG_0372.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful!
Where are the plans!

I didnt realize how much could actually fit in the tailgate.
:cool::cool:

;) Thanks

Looks great.

Can't wait to get these...they look great.....!!
So what's in it?
2. Towing strap
3. Tree saver strap
4. 3 D shackles
5. Tire fixing kit
6. LED flash light
8. Wilderness kit
9. Jump cables

All these replaced two bags the I would carry only when needed. Now it is with me all the time, and out of the way.
Brilliance!!

Last edited:
Filmpros,
If there is one product that fits you like a glove, it is this tailgate.
You take one look at it, read your posts, and think" "Rich Casey" :)

Rami

Last edited:
looks awesome but if it is a long wait period im not that patient

So what's in it?
2. Towing strap
3. Tree saver strap
4. 3 D shackles
5. Tire fixing kit
6. LED flash light
8. Wilderness kit
9. Jump cables

Brilliance!!

That's fantastic. I'm totally jealous. I had forgotten I was on Kevin's list now I'm dying to get my hands on that. Hurry up Kevin:flipoff2:

I got the tailgate installed by Kevin few months a go.
To tell you the truth, after the installation the amount of space did not look significant and I chucked it to novelty.

Yesterday, I was organizing my garage and saw my two recovery bags in the shelf. I really did not think I can fit the content into the tailgate. But I started shoving things and moving things around. And before I knew it, my whole recovery kit, and then some was in there. I am still amazed that the this is now usable cavity.

I am after Kevin to make the side panels on the 80 usable. When Kevin was working on my tailgate, we took the inside panels off, and the amount of space between the plastic inside and the metal outside is criminal negligence. It MUST be used. The outside metal needs to be covered with the insulation, but I think many MUDers already have done that for sound insulation reason.

One idea I was pushing Kevin for is to replace the plastic push tacks to a quick connect fastener like I have on the Ducati. These are made to fasten plastic panels. the inside panel will have to be drilled in the exact location of where the holes are.

So far Kevin has not responded well to adding a project to his list :)

Last edited:
I am after Kevin to make the side panels on the 80 usable. When Kevin was working on my tailgate, we took the inside panels off, and the amount of space between the plastic inside and the metal outside is criminal negligence. It MUST be used. The outside metal needs to be covered with the insulation, but I think many MUDers already have done that for sound insulation reason.

Wagongears tailgate is awesome I am not on the list right now but will be. I put my amp in the p/s rear panel and would love to see a design to make both sides usuable space!

Mine is still in the shipping wrap. Had it for several months now. No time to install. Almost got to it yesterday at Dave Crum's shop, but had more important things to do. Maybe next week. Have a bunch of QuietCrap as well.

Dood, the install is cake, took me two hours in 20* weather.

The jig-sawing on the tailgate was really loud, I felt a little guilty doing that to my neighbors at dinner time but really with the template he ships with the lid, it is a snap. I would say unless you are a patient cutter (not me) you will want two metal jigsaw blades. Sawzall blade was too long to use in this instance.

Seriously, just go out there this afternoon and bust it out. Kevin's products are artwork and leaving art in a box is a travesty .

I had to pass when my ticket was called... no money at that time :frown:

I want one bad. Sidenote, for some reason, the wagongear web page freezes up my computer every time I go to it. The good side to this is that I was given ample time to study one of the pictures that froze on my screen. It took me a good 10 minutes to get the computer to shut down. I eventually had to pull the battery off (laptop). It's done this to me 3 times now. I'm scared to go back now. I will just have to call and make an order when I get the dough.

My only concern with this design is how strong is the material he uses. Specifically, with the tail gate down and the lid to the wagongear closed, is it still strong enough to hold weight? Could you say sit on it? or would it cave and/or collapse? Is the tailgate still a useable workspace? Will it hold a toolbox? If so, then this is a must have for all of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom