Finally got an FJ40'ish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
finally got the Axial Wraith Spawn. Just couldn't resist doing what I could to put an FJ40 body on it. just need to buy batteries now

KIMG0934.JPG

KIMG0935.JPG

KIMG0936.JPG

KIMG0937.JPG

KIMG0938.JPG

I have a couple of Axial Scorpion RC's but your FJ 40ish body is fantastic !! Where did you get that?.

We really like taking ours when camping . Amazing what these RC's can do. Thanks for sharing.

I have a couple of Axial Scorpion RC's but your FJ 40ish body is fantastic !! Where did you get that?.

We really like taking ours when camping . Amazing what these RC's can do. Thanks for sharing.

I bought this because it had been on my list for awhile but but not really liking it.

Pretty awesome!! took the AWS.FJ40 on the shakedown run: Definitely needs more weight in the front. Have to change the drag brake and add an On/Off switch. Tires did great! Enough torque to and gearing to pull wheelies on gravel. Over all satisfaction level: 8 out of 10!

KIMG0957.JPG

Pretty awesome!! took the AWS.FJ40 on the shakedown run: Definitely needs more weight in the front. Have to change the drag brake and add an On/Off switch. Tires did great! Enough torque to and gearing to pull wheelies on gravel. Over all satisfaction level: 8 out of 10!

View attachment 2259467
Here's what I did to get more weight up front. Added Crosman air soft 6mm plastic BB's to each front tire. Fill each tire with about 1/2 full of BB's. Play with final amount when you feel the front end is staying planted to the rock. I actually added to rear tire too, for better rear traction. Slows rig down just a little but holds to steep rock climbs better. I will try to post some pics of my Scorpion tomorrow. I have a rock garden out in the front yard, and used to take mine to the sandia foothill rocks. Lots of fun.

Here's what I did to get more weight up front. Added Crosman air soft 6mm plastic BB's to each front tire. Fill each tire with about 1/2 full of BB's. Play with final amount when you feel the front end is staying planted to the rock. I actually added to rear tire too, for better rear traction. Slows rig down just a little but holds to steep rock climbs better. I will try to post some pics of my Scorpion tomorrow. I have a rock garden out in the front yard, and used to take mine to the sandia foothill rocks. Lots of fun.

I'll look into BB's.. I was thinking sticky wheel weights

love it! I bought one from Lurch. I've had a blast with it. it needs a front drive shaft now though. I'll throw up a pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom