Finally got a 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone, I have been a lurker for years.

Two weeks ago we sold back our Q7 TDI and got into a Land Cruiser.

I really wanted a Land Cruiser but there aren't that many of them around and they were about $10K more. We found this 13 LX at our local dealer and pulled the trigger. The truck is awesome, I just hope that having LX will not hinder my ability to mod it. I do plan on running larger tires and gradually mod for an expedition. I do want to take into Inavuk someday in the future when kids are older.

For now, I need to find some good sear covers. I would love to find a rear bumper with a tire carrier.

Looking forward to learning more about these great trucks here.

0628171902_HDR (1).jpg

Concur with Swampmonger's reply.

I'll throw out a vote for Escape seat covers from Equipt Expedition Outfitters. Truck looks great -- congrats!

The very first thing you should do is ditch the little aero flaps under the front. Takes 2 minutes and cleans up the front end. :)

I also trimmed the front and rear mudflaps to be flush. The rear mudguards are too low.

Ditching the twennies for a 17" or 18" wheel and larger tire (specifically, a LT tire - the stock passenger car tires have no place on a truck) is the number one upgrade from the start. Plus, you can totally justify the cost because you will cheat the odometer by about 5%.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will ditch the aero flaps.
I guess I will take my tires and see what I can get for them, they are relatively new.
Next mod will be to remove the chrome on the grill, door trip and window trip.
Will most ARB stuff fit LX or is only for LCs?
Thanks in advance.

Looks like they don't have seat covers for 2nd row, I just need it to avoid kids trashing the leather.

Looks like they don't have seat covers for 2nd row, I just need it to avoid kids trashing the leather.
Email them - they will sell just rear seat covers. I did that - cost was around $400. Took 6-8 weeks to get. Bought for same reason (kid protection).

Hi Everyone, I have been a lurker for years.

Two weeks ago we sold back our Q7 TDI and got into a Land Cruiser.

I really wanted a Land Cruiser but there aren't that many of them around and they were about $10K more. We found this 13 LX at our local dealer and pulled the trigger. The truck is awesome, I just hope that having LX will not hinder my ability to mod it. I do plan on running larger tires and gradually mod for an expedition. I do want to take into Inavuk someday in the future when kids are older.

For now, I need to find some good sear covers. I would love to find a rear bumper with a tire carrier.

Looking forward to learning more about these great trucks here.

View attachment 1501244
Nice one--just bought a 2015 LC myself--love this truck

Nice rig, and congrats. Hide your wallet as the mod bug will hit you hard if you frequent this forum :)

Welcome to the club and sharp looking truck. I also just sold back my Q7 TDI and picked up a 200. I was really tempted by the LX but a cheaper 2010 LC popped up local to me first. For my purposes, i.e., family hauler with light offroading, the AHC system would've been fine and I've seen several members who have vastly improved the appearance and performance of their LXs with wheels and tires alone. Lummie is one that comes to mind; he has a black 2014 LX on 18" Volks. I had traded my 2003 Land Cruiser in on the Q7 so getting back into a LC was a good correction for me. Enjoy.

Welcome to the club and sharp looking truck. I also just sold back my Q7 TDI and picked up a 200. I was really tempted by the LX but a cheaper 2010 LC popped up local to me first. For my purposes, i.e., family hauler with light offroading, the AHC system would've been fine and I've seen several members who have vastly improved the appearance and performance of their LXs with wheels and tires alone. Lummie is one that comes to mind; he has a black 2014 LX on 18" Volks. I had traded my 2003 Land Cruiser in on the Q7 so getting back into a LC was a good correction for me. Enjoy.

Thanks, I couldn't find too many LCs in Dallas, Found one 2014 LC that was about $6K more (mine is 2013). LX is a CPO and this LC was from a non-Toyota dealer.
I will do some light to medium off-roading. I will not push it like I did my 4dr Wrangler.
Here is what I want to do first:
1. Remove the bling (chrome)
2. Tires and wheels.
3. Bumper (front and rear with tire carrier) - looking for recommendations
4. Would love to find sliders with lights like OEM - looking for recommendations
5. Lift (need to figure out if that is possible with AHC) - will research this

One thing I noticed is that my Q7 TDI has better range on half a tank than this LX on a full tank :)

Last edited:
Nice rig, and congrats. Hide your wallet as the mod bug will hit you hard if you frequent this forum :)

True, dat! My wallet is definitely easier to sit on...since Bubba went Boom...

Thanks, I couldn't too many LCs in Dallas, Found one 2014 LC that was about $6K more (mine is 2013). LX is a CPO and this LC was from a non-Toyota dealer.
I will do some light to medium off-roading. I will not push it like I did my 4dr Wrangler.
Here is what I want to do first:
1. Remove the bling (chrome)
2. Tires and wheels.
3. Bumper (front and rear with tire carrier) - looking for recommendations
4. Would love to find sliders with lights like OEM - looking for recommendations
5. Lift (need to figure out if that is possible with AHC) - will research this

One thing I noticed is that my Q7 TDI has better range on half a tank than this LX on a full tank :)

Slee makes LX sliders with lights... -Also rear swing-out bumper that is beast.

Personally I love my TJM T13 front bumper...
TonyP has a nice front bumper made as a one-off by TrailTailor...
ARB front bumper is solid too...

All three of the above are quality.

About range... When your LX says you have zero range...you still have about 4f-5 gallons in your tank...so don't panic. ;) But ya, range pretty much stinks... 26 gallons way to small for these monsters...

Last edited:
Slee makes LX sliders with lights... -Also rear swing-out bumper that is beast.

Personally I love my TJM T13 front bumper...
TonyP has a nice front bumper made as a one-off by TrailTailor...
ARB front bumper is solid too...

All three of the above a quality.

About range... When your LX says you have zero range...you still have about 4f-5 gallons in your tank...so don't panic. ;) But ya, range pretty much stinks... 26 gallons way to small for these monsters...

Thanks for info.

I'm vacationing in San Diego right now, never seen such a high concentration of LC/LX.

Is it safe to purchase a bumper for LC and expect it to fit an LX without having to "make it work"?
I will contact Slee.

Thanks for info.

I'm vacationing in San Diego right now, never seen such a high concentration of LC/LX.

Is it safe to purchase a bumper for LC and expect it to fit an LX without having to "make it work"?
I will contact Slee.

Talk to Slee.
I'm in San Diego... & while I do see the occasional LC and LX, I raaaarely see one that's modified (not counting the one in my driveway). :)
Unusually hot/humid weather here right now. Not typical SD... Maybe you'll spot me while here. :)
I see you're from Texas... My brother and Niece are here from Texas right now. I took them shooting this morning...

Anyway... ARB definitely fits in front, as Slee's shop 570 has the ARB Sahara front bumper (no bull bar, but similar...just no bars).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom