Finally Found One!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Scored a 93 White Locked super clean for $1500 in NC. There is not a bit of rust. There are no dents on the body at all! Actually the is a small convex dent fron the inside. Looks like some one threw the jack in and put a dime size dent from the inside out. Should be able to smooth that out with some light hammer/dolley work. It has brand new Nitto Terras on it. Recent after market shocks. A brand new all metal radiator/hoses/blue fan hub. It also comes with remote start. Everything works even the anttenna. Has a sweet stereo to boot.

Now here is the bad. The motor has a tick-mild knock. It still runs and drives like top. Not sure if its a stuck lifter. Or a broken valve spring. Possible it could be a rod in the early stages of going. Man that 1FZE has a lot of torque!

I really want to put a 6.2 diesel in it with a A440. Would like to keep it stupid simple. Or may just try and find a low mile 1FZE and freshen it up a bit. But I do a lot of fishing. And haul my flats skiff down to the coast 1-2 times a month from Lexington. Just got back from 4 days fishing the flats in the Keys.:steer: And the thought of 8-10 mpg towing has me leaning to the diesel. Even though my 18'1" skiff is only 800lbs boat/motor thanks to kevlar/carbon construction. The MPG will still suck ass!

If any one is curious what it really takes to do a conversion. And doesn't mind getting thier hands dirty. I have 2 bay shop and with a fridge full of cold beer!:cheers:

My Handle

Oh yeah. I didn't find this club till after I picked my handle. I actually have been using SwampFox for several years on other forums. It must be destiny;)

Good deal, bro. Now get involved and let us become a bad influence.

You need years to make the diesel conversion to pay for itself. Not cost effective unless you blow your motor or have 5k-10k for a decent conversion.
Stay gas, let people like Bessinger and people who drive Prius worry about gas mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom