Finally found an 80 after 8 months of searching! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally, after 8 months of searching! I found a gunmetal grey 93 with f&r lockers and 117k miles for $10k.

I've been searching since April for a FZJ80 with lockers (price wasnt a factor). For some reason, Arizona has no selection of 80's so I started searching California and neighboring western states.

I've been so close to buying 3 different Cruisers but each time they were out of state and sold before I could get to them.

Found one in the local autotrader last night and called to see if it had diff locks. She didnt know if it had them but would have her husband look when he got back later that night. I came home from a Christmas party to find a msg on the machine with a positive confirmation of 'yes it does have the little switch on the dashboard". When I called this morning she said there was someone already on their way to look at it. My heart sank but I got in my 4runner and hauled ass and ended up beating the other guy there. For once, I came in first!

This 80 was $6k cheaper than any other I looked at buying and $10k cheaper than the highest priced one I was going to buy.

Dont mind the jeep in the garage..... that will be gone soon.

IMG_0324_2.jpg

Fiannly found an 80 after 8 months of searching!

Hey Lars,

nice rig !! Congrats :cheers:

Now the mods :D

Mike

Fiannly found an 80 after 8 months of searching!

Want to make $$$? I will give you $11000 for it :flipoff2:
Or we could trade 80's :D

Thats a sweet looking gunmetal 80 !! Funny how I still get excited for another guy when he finds his 80 .. :D

[glow=cyan,90000,90000][shadow=red,center] :cheers: :beer: :cheers:[/shadow][/glow]

That is my favorite color next to mine of course. Nice...

Wow Larry, that looks like a cream puff '93! And only 117k miles. My 97 has almost 130k.

Another nice thing about yours is that it already has the front mud flaps and doesn't have the running boards. One less thing to remove and haul off. The money you saved on the purchase price will easily get you all the armor and many other mods... that is *if* you plan to git it durrrty. hee hee.

You did good. :D

-B-

Congratulations! :cheers:
Persistence pays off.

Like -B- said, 117 k miles for a 1993 is a good find. My 1997 already has 157K miles !!!! :eek: but I paid $7500 for it and it has factory lockers. So hopefully I can have a few good years out of it.

[quote author=CruiserNow link=board=2;threadid=8753;start=msg75519#msg75519 date=1071375980]
Congratulations! :cheers:
Persistence pays off.

Like -B- said, 117 k miles for a 1993 is a good find. My 1997 already has 157K miles !!!! :eek: but I paid $7500 for it and it has factory lockers. So hopefully I can have a few good years out of it.
[/quote]

How did you get it sooo cheap?

Just got lucky I guess. Saw a few 80s even a black with chrome handles but the leather usually is in poor condition. This rig has high mileage for a 1997 since it was leased by the company for use by the previous owner who travels frequently. He purchased the rig from his company when the leased ended (so maybe he got a good price). Used it for a couple more years and now bought a new Escalade. Rig was maintained by dealer and has all its paperwork. Had it pre-purchase inspected . I was willing to take it even if there is some minor problem but it has none. Even the antenna is working.

But enough about my rig (6M1). I like Lars color better. It looks like a cream puff!!! How about some pictures of the interior???

[quote author=CruiserNow link=board=2;threadid=8753;start=msg75528#msg75528 date=1071379125]
It looks like a cream puff!!! How about some pictures of the interior???
[/quote]

It's far from a cream puff. Birfields probably need work. It's got it's share of paint chips and small dents. Battery is held down by a bungee cord. The passenger side mirror wobbles. Im sure there will be a host of other goodies to discover in the coming weeks.

I've already started a list for Cdan and a phone call to Slee for sliders will follow soon. Lift and tires before March.

I'll take some more pics a little later today.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm glad to be part of the family!

more pics....

sticker on radiator states r-134 refrigerant conversion

LC_engine.jpg

Cloth seats show no significant wear. The whole thing needs detailing. Lots of dust in the switches and ac vents(typical of a vehicle driven on dirt roads here in Az).

LC_frt_interior.jpg

Stock 4runner vs Stock FZJ80 size comparison

LC_4randlc.jpg

LC_seats.jpg

Nice Score!

Congrats

Cloth and locks are a rare combination. :cheers:

It has a couple thousand miles more than mine does.

Um, does it leak lots of oil from the timing cover? :flipoff2:

Better keep that pic of it in the garage...cuz it won't fit for long!!!!

And that IS a good thing!!!!!!

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=8753;start=msg75719#msg75719 date=1071459452]
Ok I will give you $12000 even though it has the cloth seats.
[/quote]

Haha... leather and Arizona summers is a bad match. Cloth is actually a plus for me.

[quote author=Photo_Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=8753;start=msg75724#msg75724 date=1071459785]
Better keep that pic of it in the garage...cuz it won't fit for long!!!!

And that IS a good thing!!!!!!
[/quote]

I dont have a choice.... our homeowners association does not allow vehicles to be parked anywhere but in the garage. Looks like we'll have to move.... now that will be a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom