Finally doing some Slee upgrading!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
Well, the UPS Santa made it today to my casa pequeno.

Earlier last week I had a nice conversation with Christo about some stuff--including drywall, which I hear he's not good at.... :flipoff2: :flipoff2: ...

In any event, looks like I'll be having fun in Atlanta tomorrow in my mother's garage (to her chagrin I'm sure!)....

Oh yeah, if some things look missing--Bailey's got em!!

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH
(en route, Atlanta, GA)
P6280001.JPG
P6280002.JPG
P6280003.JPG

Damn Son, yer shoeless and spendin' yer money on truck parts!

Let's see the after pix!

Congrats on the picking up the lift.

Hang on! Slippery slope ahead!!!

oops...too late :D

If you did not pick up the Tie rod ends grab them as well, Just my opinion but for $100 it is worth the time you will spend trying to free your old ones fromt the links.
Dave

pic 1 looks an awful lot like tie rod ends ;)

should be fun, post up the process pics! (so folks like me who are stalling on the lift purchase can see how easy it really is!)

The springs are a 1/2 banana. The bushings are another story.

I love truck stop computers--cheap as hell too.

Anyway, I bought Baileys 'barely used' front heavies (springs/shocks).

I've got the tie rod ends too (got everything in one package from Christo).

We'll be installing tomorrow (Weds.) and hopefully getting the front bushings put into the control arms at Dearborn's place. Unfortunately, I don't have a 40 ton press.

I'll be taking lots of pics (as I am wont to do) of the entire process...also of Bailey's shaggy head (unless he's cut it off since the last time I saw him).

Can't wait to finally have a lift, some upgrades to important steering components--maybe I can go and wheel now!

Pics. next week...back to the road...I-75 S sucks right now with lots of storms...trucks, traffic, dumb head drivers...

65 in the slow lane...like I enjoy!
Later
-onur
Erlanger, KY

Last edited:
Rookie2 said:
So what are the brass rods in pic three for??

Hey Rook--

Tie rod and relay rod.

The ends are in the platic bags in pic 1.

I would've stopped by on my way down, but it will likely be at 3 AM through Knoxville...

Later.
-o-

beno said:
I would've stopped by on my way down, but it will likely be at 3 AM through Knoxville...

Later.
-o-

Damn son..., I don't know how you do that shiat!

Hope the install goes well. Give me a shout if you pass back through in the daylight hours. My office is about a block off the Cedar Bluff exit. I'd like to see how she turns out.

:cheers:
Rookie2

Make sure you have an appointment set up for an alignment after you get done with the rods. you will need it unless Bailey has one in his back yard.
Dave
Now I see the damn things......

My bet is they go over to Dearborn's shop and mooch the rack......:D

Beno-You have to get out of Ohio. With that rig, your ready for some real fun. It's time to move to California or Colorado. Have fun.

Actually...Nevada...that's Nevada not Nevahda...we're 92% public land...and more 4x4 roads/trails than you could explore in a lifetime.

Cruiserdrew said:
Beno-You have to get out of Ohio. With that rig, your ready for some real fun. It's time to move to California or Colorado. Have fun.

Tell me about it CDrew...I lived in CA for 6 years before 'having to' move to Ohio...

Once my responsibilities here in Ohio are complete, I'll indeed be returning back West of the Mississippi...CA/Nevada/Oregon/New Mexico...

We'll see.

Hey Dan--we're doing it in my driveway...maybe the garage depending upon height issues...I'd like to get out of the garage once the lift is done :doh:

More later gents...need to sleep a bit.

Best.
-onur
Atlanta, GA

PHAEDRUS said:
Make sure you have an appointment set up for an alignment after you get done with the rods. you will need it unless Bailey has one in his back yard.
Dave
Now I see the damn things......

Will do Dave. Thanks. My truck and my mother's car get one tomorrow... ;)

Rookie2 said:
Damn son..., I don't know how you do that shiat!

Hope the install goes well. Give me a shout if you pass back through in the daylight hours. My office is about a block off the Cedar Bluff exit. I'd like to see how she turns out.

:cheers:
Rookie2

Lots of coffee...and then some more....

Going to New Orleans after that Rook. Won't be coming up through Knoxville.

I'll stop by in late Sept. when I cruise down again...I'm sure the lift won't have sagged by then!

Later.
-o-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom