Finally did it... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpeg
After being a TLCA and RLC member for several years now I've finally "joined the crowd".

I've always wanted a cruiser but never could make myself invest in one. After getting married and having a little one...I've finally brought myself to buy something more family friendly.

I knew it had to have AC and it had to have solid axles...so an 80 was the only choice. My patience ran thin and I did look at a couple of 60's....thanks to Josh for talking me out of that one.

So here it is. The newest member of my 'used car lot driveway' (as my wife refers to it). It needs some work...and some paint...but that will come in due time.

Just thought I'd share with the group

Looks good man! Is it currently running? What's the plan for it?

Thanks!

It has been sitting for a year and a half (as you can see the grass around it). The engine runs but the transfer case is busted. I scored a transmission and transfer case from one of the CLC guys. They're bringing it to crawl

The plan is for it to be a weekend warrior that's we can drive to and from events or go out exploring/camping on the weekends. It will be a relatively mild build with 3" OME, 37" KM2s, ARB bumper, sliders, ARB lockers w/OBA. The rest is still unknown...but I for sure want those items.

I have already ordered a knuckle service kit for it as well as other tune-up/maintenance items to try and restore reliability.

It has 199k so I plan on getting it running and driving good before I start with any upgrades.

Its a '91. I was really trying to hold off for a 93-97 but I really couldn't pass this deal up.

I'm guessing it'll serve my purpose. I'll be finishing my Tacoma (hopefully :() within' the next year. I plan on it being the designated crawler and the 80 will be our family-putt-putt mobile/weekend warrior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom