Finally bought a new to me, 2006 Land Cruiser with no ACH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm so excited after two years of searching I finally found a low mile Florida land cruiser one owner .

The ride and handling is really soft… I think the shocks are dead .. My springs look like they're in good shape, do you think it's possible just to replace the shocks with

DOBINSONS 1.5-2.0" IMS shocks.

I would like to run the original OEM torsion bar And original OEM springs.
also because the bushings are old and dried out, I am thinking, I also will replace the upper and lower control arms with new Toyota OEM assembly.

Do you think it's OK just to replace the shocks do you think this will improve the quality of the ride of the vehicle ?

I don't really want to lift the vehicle at this moment because I live in a city ( Miami ) and need to drive in many small parking garages in downtown Miami.

Thank you I really appreciate your advice and feedback… I am obviously pretty clueless about the suspension of this vehicle and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you !

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 1.15.49 AM.png

ACH is automated clearing house. You may be thinking of AHC - active height control. In any case, congratulations, looks like a nice truck.

Congratulations. So you're the guy with the other 2006 non AHC Land Cruiser! ;)

As @silvarshooter said, get some OE shocks. If you're wanting the 100 to look like a Land Cruiser, but remain stock, ditch the running boards, ditch the fender garnishes (they're not stock - S.E. Toyota taped them on), crank the TBs .75"-1", get some 275/70/18s and the truck will be magically transformed back into a Land Cruiser.

I've probably posted this pic 20x. But it does highlight how easy it to de-mall the 100...
Stock 2006 (no AHC), TBs cranked 3/4"; 275/70/18 BFG KOs
Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 7.20.13 PM.png

Reactions: GTV
Congratulations. So you're the guy with the other 2006 non AHC Land Cruiser! ;)

As @silvarshooter said, get some OE shocks. If you're wanting the 100 to look like a Land Cruiser, but remain stock, ditch the running boards, ditch the fender garnishes (they're not stock - S.E. Toyota taped them on), crank the TBs .75"-1", get some 275/70/18s and the truck will be magically transformed back into a Land Cruiser.

I've probably posted this pic 20x. But it does highlight how easy it to de-mall the 100...
Stock 2006 (no AHC), TBs cranked 3/4"; 275/70/18 BFG KOs
View attachment 2980355
Man I love those tires.. looks excellent !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom