Finally bought a 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check the rear diff for leaks. That hum might indicate low rear diff fluid.

Side note - there does seem to be a hum/whining noise coming from the rear end that gets more noticeable the more I accelerate. Any idea what that could be?

Congrats! I hope you get to enjoy your LC100 for many years to come. I’ve recently got mine (just over a week of ownership) and it’s already taken us to some regularly inaccessible places (Great Point, Nantucket). We got to eat dinner in the company of seals, on the beach, and were the only people there.

The noise... Mine has the same thing (I think). When I accelerate from a dead stop, or slam on the gas pedal, giving it it more gas than it needs (ok, I like to hear the engine roar) I have this odd noise coming from the back. If I accelerate grandma style, nothing.

My initial hypothesis is the muffler is loose somewhere and vibrating during heavy acceleration. I had my mechanic put it on his lift, and around the middle of the truck the muffler is missing a bracket. I’m hoping that’s the cause. He’s going to fab something for me and weld it on. I really hope that’s the cause, and it addresses the noise.

Check yours!

Check the rear diff for leaks. That hum might indicate low rear diff fluid.

Rear diff is leaking a little bit. I’ll have to check the level tomorrow and see if it vanishes when i top it off. Thanks.

Now that sounds like a screaming deal. depends on service history and rust condition (I note you are in oregon, so that shouldn't be an issue), but looks to me like you are golden.

Take 1 minute and replace the 20amp EFI fuse
I had a 99 with problems stalling and starting
Fuse wasn't blown but it was the problem
Took me months to figure out
This was several years ago

Welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom