Figured Out How to Get Live Data for my OBD1 Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently figured out how to read live data from my 1994 Landcruiser, which is OBD1. I used a free program called CarTester 8,000. It can read injection timing, MAP/MAF/VAF sensor values, coolant temperature and a lot more. Here is the link for the download. MyEngine - маршрутный компьютер на базе CarPC - https://primavistalab.ru/myengine/ . Its in Russian but you can right click and select translate. The website will give you detailed instructions on how to get everything set up. The very bottom of the webpage is the download link for the program itself.

Basically you need to build a cable that will connect from the comm port of your laptop/computer that goes to Te2, E1, and Vf1 pins in the DLC 1 diagnostic box. it should only cost around $8-$15. I only messed around with the program once so far but I will keep updating if I run into any complications. It worked for me, but im not sure if it will work for other year OBD1 cruisers.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK
yuh.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting find, but IMHO downloading anything from Russia has always been a bit of a risk (malware, viruses, bots, etc) maybe even more so in today's environment (Ukraine invasion, international sanctions, ---). Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Interesting find, but IMHO downloading anything from Russia has always been a bit of a risk (malware, viruses, bots, etc) maybe even more so in today's environment (Ukraine invasion, international sanctions, ---). Personally, I wouldn't do it.
I used my antivirus software to see if there were any issues with the file. It didnt find anything. But I agree, its important to be careful. Especially in todays environment.

Maybe better not to post any links to Russian web sites, or, put a big disclaimer
before the link letting people know it's actually located in Russia.

FWIW

Tomorrow's post: My 80 wont start any ideas ? :)

Start a new thread

The TOYOCOM/TOYOFan devices and TOYOBD1 software do all this and no Russkies involved... the guy who made them stopped production earlier this year but they can still be had in the used market. and its possible he could start production again. There is a FB group called "TOYOBD1 Users" and a forum where people buy/sell... installs on the OBD1port as a dongle...
His site: TOYOBD1 :: OVERVIEW - https://jfbreton.blogspot.com/2014/07/toyobd1-overview.html

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom