Figured I'd join in on the fun - '88 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep up the good work! I'm following along as it's always fun for me to see folks working out the minor little bugs and get things back to baseline. I think you had a pretty attentive owner maintenance-wise as I'd guess he stayed on top of regular ATF fluid changes. It looked really good in there.

Just curious, what makes you think you need new engine and transmission mounts?

Yeah the condition of the ATF as well as the oils I drained from the diffs, engine, and transfer case all made me feel pretty good about the care that the previous owner took of the 62. It definitely helps put the mind at ease especially when the PO didn't really collect much as far as maintenance records since he apparently didn't really see a need for it lol.

As far as the engine/trans mounts, I get a pretty good jolt when the engine fires up or I shut it off and I also get some decent vibration while idling. Maybe these are just normal for the 60 series? I am new to this platform, so I could just be looking too far into things :D

Last edited:
From day one I've been planning on a lift, 40 series steelies/hub caps, and 33's. Since I needed tires very badly, but am not currently in a spot to do the lift as well, I decided to order some 31x10.5 BFG KO2's and the 40 series steelies for now. All I can say is wow...I love the way this thing looks and drives now!! Of course I broke a single wheel stud while I was taking the old wheels off, so that is next on my to-do list

From day one I've been planning on a lift, 40 series steelies/hub caps, and 33's. Since I needed tires very badly, but am not currently in a spot to do the lift as well, I decided to order some 31x10.5 BFG KO2's and the 40 series steelies for now. All I can say is wow...I love the way this thing looks and drives now!! Of course I broke a single wheel stud while I was taking the old wheels off, so that is next on my to-do list

View attachment 1957676
Man, that Decal is growing on me!
Your truck looks mighty sharp!

That's even better :) Looks great man.

Since I got this thing home, i've had sort of a rough starting issue. Nothing crazy, but it definitely seemed like it took a few too many cranks and when it did catch, it was a little lumpy for a second. Had a little break today so I went out and paid my little friend the cold start injector a visit. I think I figured out why I had starting issues 🤣
Took all of ten minutes to remove/clean and the result is super satisfying
View attachment 1908431View attachment 1908432

what part is this?

Looks so good man!! Sharp lookin truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom