Events/Trails Fifth Annual 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 26th - 29th, 2019 Windrock Park (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, after the several hundred miles and long hours of drive I thought it would be nice to have a little something to remember.

Send me a PM if you are interested in the Decal, I want to get a grasp on how many need to be produced_ cost vary from $1.5 to $2.5 based on quantity.

This is the design_ side: 4"x4"

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 2.15.47 PM.png

So, after the several hundred miles and long hours of drive I thought it would be nice to have a little something to remember.

Send me a PM if you are interested in the Decal, I want to get a grasp on how many need to be produced_ cost vary from $1.5 to $2.5 based on quantity.

View attachment 2096422
I'm in for at least five. Thanks for taking on the project. The decals from a couple of years ago were a big hit.

After running hot most of the afternoon on Friday, and having to stop seven times on trip home to top off the radiator, my lowly 2l-T four banger got me safely home. Thanks Bill (Hillbilly) for following me home. Today I borrowed a cooling system pressure tester from Autozone, and as soon as I put pressure on the system saw drips out of both ends of the lower rad hose. (could it be that I left hose clamps a little too loose when changing the timing belt a few months ago? ....nah no way... :rolleyes: ) Tightened the clamps a little and everything now seems to be back to a normal 32 year old vehicle level of performance. HA

Thanks to everyone that worked to pull the event together. Great group of people!

View attachment 2096422

Would be in for 3

View attachment 2096422
Count me in for five as well.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for such an awesome event. I had a great time and I am already looking forward to next year.
As long as there is an interest and folks are willing to volunteer their time, there will be future events. :cheers:

Upon leaving Nemo Tunnel, John Bailey and Rob's wife Kim were ahead of the rest of the group in John's 40 Series. They decided to simply pull off of the road and wait for the main body to catch up. John noticed a church bazaar across the road and he and Kim walked across the road to check it out. They noticed among all of the mom and pop vendors was a couple of women selling snow cones. They told John that the bazaar was basically over and they would be closing up shortly. John asked her to stay open for a few more minutes and he would make it worth her while. He then called the rest of us and told us to pull in when we came by. We pulled in in mass and placed what was ultimately her largest snow cone order of the day. (courtesy of Rob Smith) This photograph epitomizes what this event is all about. (a snow cone and a 70 Series .... life is good) :)

image.jpeg

Last edited:
ok guys, im off tomorrow for a couple of weeks vacation with the family_

I will get the decals printed out, I should have them when im back and can start distributing them. I will print plenty so if you want some don’t hesitate sending me a PM.

View attachment 2096422
Slinging on FB too

It was suggested by Rick Allen (our favorite TLCA executive) that we write an article describing the weekend's events. That article along with corresponding photos are being emailed to the editor of "Toyota Trails" today and hopefully will be published in the near future. For those of you that are a member of TLCA, I hope you find the article an enjoyable read.

An article covering this event has been submitted to the TLCA magazine and we are waiting to see if it's printed and what photos they chose to use. Afterwards there will be a "photo dump" of at least some of the hundreds of photos that were taken over the weekend.

In my opinion it's important to support the efforts of someone who took time out of their personal life to design and produce a decal that commemorates our 5th Annal Event, by both placing an order and spreading the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom