Events/Trails Fifth Annual 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 26th - 29th, 2019 Windrock Park (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay can I get the individuals attending to shoot me a PM with their name, phone number, and vehicle color/model? The plans sometime “evolve” after we leave the trail each day and lots of ppl don’t communicate on Mud during the event. We need phone numbers so we can at least text out updates and any plan changes.

Per @Gun Runner 5 we are having the Opening Ceremonies (dinner) at the Outback Steakhouse in Oak Ridge on Thursday night. I’m not aware of any concrete dinner plans for Friday or Saturday yet but @divemedic has a cabin and a grill setup. There will likely be some shenanigans occurring there at least one night.

I will tentatively be attending opening ceremonies at Outback. Depends on how juiced my kids are after hours in the truck.

I will trailer down a large gas grill to host dinner Friday and Saturday night. BYOM/BYOM.

I’m in Cabin 596 Elk View.

My cell is 2242816516.

Last edited:
Ill have a few FRS/GMRS handhelds with me, they work pretty awesome. Ill also have Garmin Inreach to get to the outside world. =)

I'll also post my cell phone number a couple of days out and will be glad to provide updates to those that need them. Once we are on the trails both Friday and Saturday the cell phones become paper weights due to the mountainous terrain so please keep that in mind. Although the schedule may vary somewhat, historically we have met at the Windrock parking lot around 9:00am and come off of the trails between 4:00pm - 5:00pm so we can all meet for dinner.

Charles reached out to me to post about permits ....

First, I'll apologize to Charles and others for being slack about planning this year, but let's just say it has been one heck of a year and I have been wound tight elsewhere which has caused me to be mostly absent from MUD and planning for this year's event ...

Permits ... every person on the trails will need a Windrock permit for each day they will ride on Windrock Park's property. The Windrock Park website details this pretty well.

There is also the opportunity to ride on state land in the Wildlife Management Area system. For this, one person in each vehicle - preferably the driver - needs to have a permit from TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency). These permits are available online and can be purchased on the day of riding ....

What permits do you need? Well, that all depends. There is plenty of riding available of all challenge levels on Windrock Park. But there are some really neat areas outside of Windrock. Last year, for those that rode to the Train and towards the Eternal Flame, we spent most of the day on TWRA land. I am open to guiding a ride to the flame again this year (and we will go there first) but I'll need a ride as I am cruiser-less at the moment. If we have interest, I would prefer to do that on Friday.

Sooooo ... my answer to do you need a TWRA permit is does anybody want to venture to the Flame? It will be a relatively easy ride that will start with some road (blacktop) miles and we will work our way back from there. It will be a long day of relatively easy riding with dirt starting an hour or so after we leave camp.

Post up or PM if you are interested in such a ride and I'll plan it. I'll also stay flexible to go wherever anyone wants to ... I'm just looking forward to a few days away from work with like-minded folk ...

I realize this is very LAST MINUTE, but just finding out about this. I will be in the area Friday and wondering if I can join you all? What all do I need to do to register? And what would I need to bring? New to the forum and new 70 series owner.

I realize this is very LAST MINUTE, but just finding out about this. I will be in the area Friday and wondering if I can join you all? What all do I need to do to register? And what would I need to bring? New to the forum and new 70 series owner.
You are more than welcome to join us. There is no registration fee although a permit is required for the park. Look forward to meeting you.

Charles reached out to me to post about permits ....

First, I'll apologize to Charles and others for being slack about planning this year, but let's just say it has been one heck of a year and I have been wound tight elsewhere which has caused me to be mostly absent from MUD and planning for this year's event ...

Permits ... every person on the trails will need a Windrock permit for each day they will ride on Windrock Park's property. The Windrock Park website details this pretty well.

There is also the opportunity to ride on state land in the Wildlife Management Area system. For this, one person in each vehicle - preferably the driver - needs to have a permit from TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency). These permits are available online and can be purchased on the day of riding ....

What permits do you need? Well, that all depends. There is plenty of riding available of all challenge levels on Windrock Park. But there are some really neat areas outside of Windrock. Last year, for those that rode to the Train and towards the Eternal Flame, we spent most of the day on TWRA land. I am open to guiding a ride to the flame again this year (and we will go there first) but I'll need a ride as I am cruiser-less at the moment. If we have interest, I would prefer to do that on Friday.

Sooooo ... my answer to do you need a TWRA permit is does anybody want to venture to the Flame? It will be a relatively easy ride that will start with some road (blacktop) miles and we will work our way back from there. It will be a long day of relatively easy riding with dirt starting an hour or so after we leave camp.

Post up or PM if you are interested in such a ride and I'll plan it. I'll also stay flexible to go wherever anyone wants to ... I'm just looking forward to a few days away from work with like-minded folk ...

Sam, I and several others are interested in a similar trip as last year for Friday.

Odd Iron is helping me make a fashion statement at this year's Meet & Greet. :)
image.jpeg

Me and my brother in law are also interested on the friday ride- who shall i contact for more info?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom