Events/Trails Fifth Annual 70 Series Meet and Greet, September 26th - 29th, 2019 Windrock Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will be there again this year, but not in a 70 series (yet).

Is anyone up for renting a big cabin (8-10 people)?
The cabins are nice, convenient and book up early so if available this is a good option.

Last edited:
Our humble beginnings .............
5 years ago Peter Brown, Sam Houston and I made plans to get together for a weekend so we could talk
"70 Series", share a few meals and perhaps drink a beer. (somewhere out there is a photo of us at the Mexican restaurant). Word spread from that point and our first event came to life in Cullman, Alabama. Needless to say the event has grown a tad since then. :)

I think we are driving from South Florida on Thursday, anyone from tampa want to meet + drive up?

Our guides are always willing to help.
The restroom is up that way ...... :)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Who is the elderly gent at the end of the table in the zippy chair?
That dashing fella was there to assure that no one snuck out of the bathroom window without paying.
The guy in the white t-shirt seemed especially shifty.

That's a tough crowd. I'd be removing my steering wheel and taking it with me.:rimshot:

Lodging options in or near Oak Ridge (in no particular order).
Comfort Inn
Hampton
Double Tree
Holiday Inn Express

Most of the hotels offer a discount if you mention that you are visiting Windrock and they all have a tendency to book up early.

I too attended GMSTR a Wind Rock this year. It was my first time at an off road event in a long time. I took a stock FJ40 and at first felt a little "dwarfed" by all the extreme rock crawlers that attended. However my little 40 did not miss a beat and while a lot of the open air Polaris vehicles tried to dodge mudholes after a big rain I went straight through the middle of most. Very surprised what the 40 was capable of doing with three big guys in it riding the trails. No problems at all (except a trailer blow out on the way up).

1.jpg

2.jpg

I too attended GMSTR a Wind Rock this year. It was my first time at an off road event in a long time. I took a stock FJ40 and at first felt a little "dwarfed" by all the extreme rock crawlers that attended. However my little 40 did not miss a beat and while a lot of the open air Polaris vehicles tried to dodge mudholes after a big rain I went straight through the middle of most. Very surprised what the 40 was capable of doing with three big guys in it riding the trails. No problems at all (except a trailer blow out on the way up).

View attachment 1997506

View attachment 1997507
Well clear your calendar for late September and plan to come back. Bring the 45 Series. :)
Rob is planning to attend.

Lodging options in or near Oak Ridge (in no particular order).
Comfort Inn
Hampton
Double Tree
Holiday Inn Express

Most of the hotels offer a discount if you mention that you are visiting Windrock and they all have a tendency to book up early.

Or you can just camp with the cool kids at the windrock campground. Cheaper than any hotel, and generally there is plenty of space.

ATTENTION LJ OWNERS ......
As you know the "heavy duty" Cruiser owners always make fun of you guys. Here is your chance to prove them wrong. :)
Among the impressive group of 70 Series that attended last year, we only had one LJ show up. It's up to you guys to change that.

A WORD FROM OUR WOEFULLY OVERPAID LEGAL STAFF:

Please keep in mind that the organizers are unpaid volunteers, that we are not charging for this event and that we make no express or implied warranties concerning your safety. Everyone assumes the risks and participates in this event at their own risk, knowing they are engaging in a dangerous activity with possible unknown hazards. In consideration for being allowed to participate in the event, all participants, their heirs and assigns, release and hold harmless the organizers, sponsors and other participants waiving any and all causes of action they might have against the organizers, sponsors and other participants.

Although trail riding at Windrock is an intragal part of Friday and Saturdays activities, this event remains a family friendly "social gathering" for those interested in the 70 Series, or any Land Cruiser for that matter.
The emphasis will be on spending time with friends, both old and new, and sharing a few meals and yes talking all things "Land Cruiser".
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom