fiberglass tubs

Visit site
Don't be mislead by anyone when they say you can "just bolt it on". Since fiberglass is weaker structurally, you need to seriously consider making structural improvements (like a sub-frame) for the body. You need more than 12 body mounts for fiberglass. I assume that this is a consideration only for vehicles that may be driven on public roads - it may not apply to "trail only" rigs.

I built one of my cruisers with fiberglass. I was very disappointed with my Malotte tub. It was littered with "blowouts" (air gaps between the gel coat and the resin) that made me very angry when finding a few of them after a very expensive paint job.

You may also be spending a lot of time cutting holes in the firewall and dash to fit all of your original equiptment accessories.

If I were to do it all over again, I would stick with metal. It will allow you to finish your project much faster.

...Just my opinion
If I were to do it again

Visit site
Don't be mislead by anyone when they say you can "just bolt it on". Since fiberglass is weaker structurally, you need to seriously consider making structural improvements (like a sub-frame) for the body. You need more than 12 body mounts for fiberglass. I assume that this is a consideration only for vehicles that may be driven on public roads - it may not apply to "trail only" rigs.

I built one of my cruisers with fiberglass. I was very disappointed with my Malotte tub. It was littered with "blowouts" (air gaps between the gel coat and the resin) that made me very angry when finding a few of them after a very expensive paint job.

You may also be spending a lot of time cutting holes in the firewall and dash to fit all of your original equiptment accessories.

If I were to do it all over again, I would stick with metal. It will allow you to finish your project much faster.

...Just my opinion
If I were to do it again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom