fiberglass oh NO! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just recently acquired a set of rear amby doors and top sides for my FJ. All are still in the boxes.

Has anyone here used them? The top sides look kind of flimsy. Glad I picked up the doors as my steel ones seem like they would break up the sides.

I think I should probably glass in some reinforcement for the hinges. Any thoughts here guys?

Looking at the doors; I'm concerned about getting all that hardware to line up.

There were no templates included. I wonder does that mean I should make some???? haha.

If it looks weak, I would build it up some so that it does not become an issue later.

Good luck!

-Steve

What brand side panels did you buy? I was thinking of going that route but was concerned with the durability, especially if I put a roof rack on.

must not be gozzard...i saw some of his stuff at gsmtr a while ago and it makes steel look flimsy.

This is how my glass doors are mounted to my glass tub. Just use aluminum plates for the mounting points. I would think that even if the sides seem flimsy, once they are all mounted together with the top and all it would be quite rigid. Not sure, as the sides I have are steel.
Pic 083 (Small).jpg
Pic 084 (Small).jpg
Pic 085 (Small).jpg

Great minds think alike!! Was it tough get the first bolt in that hole?! Nice job.

My doors have FRP molded into the top in very small lettering.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom