SOLD Fiberglass hardtop cap, windshield frame, hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, mud members. I'm currently keeping an eye out for a fiberglass cap to replace the damaged one that came on the hardtop I acquired for my left for dead 79'. -Mine is repairable but after some coaching (thanks @kevos37 ) I've decided I'd be time and money ahead if I could find a decent replacement. I'm in the Manhattan ks area and am willing to drive a few hours in any direction, especially for the right deal. On that subject- in spite of the fact cruisers are now a rich man's game, I am not a member of that club. If the parts you have are NOS, or immaculate and beautiful I am not your buyer...that quality of part is outside my price range and would be wasted on my beater truck patina build...if on the other hand you've got a good, solid used part that's priced right and needing some love and a good home I'd love to hear about it. I am also searching for a windshield frame and hood, would prefer the correct bottom mounted wiper motor windshield frame and one piece hood but would consider anything- again, especially if the price is right. Bonus points for color code 621 rustic green. Here's a couple pics- the first time I saw it and how it currently sits, because everyone loves pics. Thanks everybody!

KIMG0768.JPG

KIMG0446.JPG

Hello, mud members. I'm currently keeping an eye out for a fiberglass cap to replace the damaged one that came on the hardtop I acquired for my left for dead 79'. -Mine is repairable but after some coaching (thanks @kevos37 ) I've decided I'd be time and money ahead if I could find a decent replacement. I'm in the Manhattan ks area and am willing to drive a few hours in any direction, especially for the right deal. On that subject- in spite of the fact cruisers are now a rich man's game, I am not a member of that club. If the parts you have are NOS, or immaculate and beautiful I am not your buyer...that quality of part is outside my price range and would be wasted on my beater truck patina build...if on the other hand you've got a good, solid used part that's priced right and needing some love and a good home I'd love to hear about it. I am also searching for a windshield frame and hood, would prefer the correct bottom mounted wiper motor windshield frame and one piece hood but would consider anything- again, especially if the price is right. Bonus points for color code 621 rustic green. Here's a couple pics- the first time I saw it and how it currently sits, because everyone loves pics. Thanks everybody!

View attachment 2933602

View attachment 2933603
Love those little dirt bikes in the background! At least 4 of them. Fun stuff

Love those little dirt bikes in the background! At least 4 of them. Fun stuff
Yup, they're all little Honda ct70 and z50's. My dad and I started collecting them 15 years ago before prices went nuts... and they are an absolute hoot! I believe I've had more fun on these than all the real sized street bikes I've ever had...a small fleet of these with a few buddies and some beers in a pasture are a great time. Here's a few more that are a little more complete

KIMG0841.JPG

I've got his unit in MT

I've got his unit in MT

That's definitely a very complete, solid looking unit. I am really hoping to find stuff within driving distance and avoid shipping as it's become semi-cost prohibitive and seems like a crapshoot if your item will be destroyed, especially something big and heavy like this. If this is still around and I haven't come up with anything locally by the time I HAVE to have one(whenever this thing is roadworthyish) I'll get with you and see how outrageous shipping is. Thanks again!

Road trips are always nice. You may want to look into the local Club and see if there's someone who has what you need.
I wasn't aware there was a local club...is there a list here on mud somewhere or do I just need to Google landcruiser club+my area and see if anything exists?

Tornado alley cruisers are a great group of folks ( and rigs) based out of Kansas City MO. Reach out to them, I’m sure they will know. Or if you want to push all the way to southern Illinois, I’ll hook you up. We do higher end builds and have lots of good usable parts that don’t meet those standards.

Tornado alley cruisers are a great group of folks ( and rigs) based out of Kansas City MO. Reach out to them, I’m sure they will know. Or if you want to push all the way to southern Illinois, I’ll hook you up. We do higher end builds and have lots of good usable parts that don’t meet those standards.
I will check into them via the link (thank you @hyhpe ) I had done some googling and decided Kansas didn't have a club...shoulda thought of mo. And thank you for the offer @Voodoocruisers if nothing shakes loose closer I may very well take you up on that- looks like I could make it there and back in a day which is sort of my cutoff on road trips anymore. Thanks again everyone!

If Lincoln NE isn't too far I have a hood from a "79 FJ 40 and some other parts. Send me your contact info
and we can work something out.

update: pending me making a road trip to pick it up, the hood (and a bunch of other goodies I wasn't even looking for) has been found. BIG THANKS to @GreggL !!! I am still keeping an eye out for the fiberglass top cap and windshield frame. thanks again!

It's raining parts! Pending alignment of our schedules and another road trip- thanks to a VERY generous mud member a fiberglass cap has been located. Thanks again @ccasteel !!

I have a fiberglass cap that came off the rig in my profile pic. In good shape and was going to use it for another bj42 build And jumped to a 65 C10 build instead.
Thank you, I certainly appreciate the offer however I was able to source a cap locally and got it picked up. I will update this ad to reflect the items found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom